When did the Band Peak?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bmet
Knife
Knife

When did the Band Peak?

Post by bmet »

I would say at the time of their 1974 / 1975 Tour.They had produced their
biggest album to date.Their popularity was growing rapidly.They had re-defined their stage show to its maximum presentation of lights,lasers,and
the circular screen to project films.And they had a new record coming out
that had advanced orders already assuring gold record status.

:roll:
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

I don't have much "behind the scenes" floyd knowledge, esspecially compared to some of the forum members here, but I love the Wall, in my opinion, that is a masterpiece of music and meaning. But, as I understand it, the band wasn't really at a cohesive state during its recording, so I would say that the peak of the "band" would probably be Meddle. Stricktly my opinion.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

"Meddle" to me was still a lead -in ( a beginning) to what was to follow.The album itself was very popular with the "core" fans,but overall the band was still developing its stage show (still ahead of other groups I might add) and the overall band progression was still advancing.
:)

bmet
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

IMO, between DSOTM and WYWH

Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

The Pink Floyd Trilogy: Darkside of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals. That is when they peaked.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Gonzo wrote:The Pink Floyd Trilogy: Darkside of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals. That is when they peaked.
Agreed, but you can add Meddle
spitfire
Blade
Blade

Post by spitfire »

Gonzo wrote:The Pink Floyd Trilogy: Darkside of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals. That is when they peaked.
I totally agree - thet are the best 3 official albums and the roios from the period illustrate this is where they were best on stage.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

They were at their peak during the making of DSOTM.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I agree with RPITI, at least with respect to working as a group they were at their peak during the making of Dark Side.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

spitfire wrote:
I totally agree - thet are the best 3 official albums and the roios from the period illustrate this is where they were best on stage.
Indeed! 1977 is my favorite Pink Floyd touring year.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

well, i wasn't even alive when the wall came out, but to the best of my knowledge, i would say that their peak was between darkside and wish you were here with a sudden spike during the wall.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

hmm, i cant say when they peaked, because a peak is when a band is at their best and then goes downhill. i dunno
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

me finks it was 1969, great experimentation and creativity, the best of times :D
movement
Axe
Axe

Late '71 / early '72

Post by movement »

This was the point where their songwriting and production ability matched their creativity and their on-stage performances. Before that point, they were much better live than in the studio, which is both damning and flattering at the same time. After that point, their albums were all excellent, but they lost some of their edge on stage. Just my opinion :D
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

IMO,WYWH was the peak.It doesn't have a section that is not great.It coming after DSOTM which was great but there are some sections that are not great but just good.Animals came after & I will say it was good but not great but was a step back in the greatness scale.You must remember that these are just my impressions.