HEY KEITH and DRAFSAK!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Outside the wall

HEY KEITH and DRAFSAK!!

Post by Outside the wall »

I just sent Keith an email:

Here is what I said.

Keith Jordan,

as far as I can tell, you are the guy who runs this site.

I am a newbie. Signed up last night. My name is David Gardner.

I posted a thread called "Mother should I build the Wall"

My original post was to simply express my love for that line and my opinion that that line is the greatest line in music history. I was expecting to have other Roger Waters fanatics respond with their favorite lines or what not.

Instead, one of your mods, mosebar, jumped in and made fun of the line. Then somebody jumped in and told me that they didnt agree with my view of the greatness of Roger Waters. I THOUGHT I WAS ON THE ROGER WATERS SECTION OF THE FORUM!!

Then, they proceeded to call me names, dumbass, cretin, etc. Then of course, the mod deletes the thread. I copied it before he could delete it. I will paste it below for you to see yourself.

My question to you is this: Is this anyway to run a railroad?

I wasnt picking a fight, I was trying to get a dialogue about how great Roger's lyrics are and those two, especially the mod, bullied me off the forum.

That isnt right. But, if that is the way it works here, I will go somewhere else. I suggest that if you are interested in growing your forum (maybe you arent) your reconsider your mod poliicies. THIS IS NOT A FRIENDLY SITE FOR WATERS FANS!!

Sincerely,

David Gardner

Below is the thread in question:

The greatest line in music history.It says it all. Mother, should I build the wall?

Idisaffect Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:44 am

Embryo

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:20 amPosts: 16 This topic rules!

Cowards Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Knife

I love how this line signifies Pink trying to do something for himself...but he has to consult his mother first.Later, when Mother says she'll help him build the wall, the point is made that anytime Pink tries to make a move on his own, Mother is going to be right there, pulling his strings.He's not even allowed to build his own wall by himself.I'm sure this is no new news to anyone...but I felt this thread badly needed some substance

Syd'sSexy Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Supreme Judge!

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:34 pmPosts: 3353Location: Cosmopolitan Dayton, Ohio The greatest line in music history? Doubtful!

Outside the wall Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Embryo

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:54 amPosts: 7 Apparently the deep cosmic multi-layered meanings of the great lyrics by the greatest song-writer of all time escapes you.Your bad.Perhaps you are better suited trying to understand the lyrics of Britney Spears.

mosespa Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Perhaps ESLAFTK2112 and ALL of his various personae need to be banned

Syd'sSexy Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Supreme Judge!

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:34 pmPosts: 3353Location: Cosmopolitan Dayton, Ohio Outside the wall wrote:Apparently the deep cosmic multi-layered meanings of the great lyrics by the greatest song-writer of all time escapes you.Your bad.Perhaps you are better suited trying to understand the lyrics of Britney Spears.I think not NOOB! Seems like we have another narrow-minded teenage Waters fan join the forum. Perhaps you should explain the so-called multi-layered meanings of one phrase from one song. It is YOUR opinion that Waters is the "greatest songwriter of all time," certainly not mine.Incidentally, have you ever heard of Irving Berlin, Marvin Hamlisch, Bob Dylan or Bob Marley? Probably not. Dork.

garygreen Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Hammer

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:15 pmPosts: 505Location: Brighton, England Outside the wall wrote:The greatest line in music history.It says it all. Mother, should I build the wall?

mosespa Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Syd'sSexy wrote:Incidentally, have you ever heard of Irving Berlin, Marvin Hamlisch, Bob Dylan or Bob Marley? Probably not. Dork.You forgot Brian Vander Ark.Hmmm...I wonder if this is another noob who's going to go into an ill-advised meltdown like some recent additions/quick deletions have done.

Outside the wall Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Embryo

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:54 amPosts: 7 I'm sorry, I thought I was posting on a Roger Waters forum or at least the Roger Waters section of a Pink Floyd forum. I didnt realize I was posting on a Roger Waters hate site.And you are the moderator?Amazing.Let me guess, you think David Gilmour and Rick Wright were the important parts of Pink Floyd.Wow. I go on a website for the first time and get called a dork by the moderator for expressing admiration for the guy that the thread is named for.I wont bother trying to explain to you the multi-faceted levels of the greatest lyric of all time to you. If you dont get it, you dont get it. Like I said, Britney Spears probably makes more sense for ya.

garygreen Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Hammer

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:15 pmPosts: 505Location: Brighton, England TOXIC

Outside the wall Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Embryo

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:54 amPosts: 7 I take part of that back. The moderator didnt call me a dork. Some troll-like person prowling the Roger Waters website called me a dork.I am new here. Does Syds Sexy always troll the Roger Waters website making sure anybody expressing admiration and love for the work of Roger Waters undertand that she doesnt like him?For Gods sake, get a life.

Syd'sSexy Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:16 pm

Supreme Judge!

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:34 pmPosts: 3353Location: Cosmopolitan Dayton, Ohio Outside the wall wrote:I take part of that back. The moderator didnt call me a dork. Some troll-like person prowling the Roger Waters website called me a dork.I am new here. Does Syds Sexy always troll the Roger Waters website making sure anybody expressing admiration and love for the work of Roger Waters undertand that she doesnt like him?For Gods sake, get a life.Whoa buddy! You're the one that needs to get a life, and quickly. You post 5 words of a lyric and claim it to be the greatest lyric from the greatest songwriter of all time, without explanation of anything, and you expect respect from members of this forum? Try again.For your narrow-minded information, I have never listened to a single Britney Spears song, you cretin! Why don't you fuck off!

mosespa Post subject: Re: Mother, should I build the wall? Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:54 pmPosts: 5825Location: Contrary to popular belief...I am NOT breathing down your neck...unless your name is pig watcher... Outside the wall wrote:1. I'm sorry, I thought I was posting on a Roger Waters forum or at least the Roger Waters section of a Pink Floyd forum.2. I didnt realize I was posting on a Roger Waters hate site.3. And you are the moderator?4. Amazing.5. Let me guess, you think David Gilmour and Rick Wright were the important parts of Pink Floyd.6. Wow. I go on a website for the first time and get called a dork by the moderator for expressing admiration for the guy that the thread is named for.7. I wont bother trying to explain to you the multi-faceted levels of the greatest lyric of all time to you. If you dont get it, you dont get it. 8. Like I said, Britney Spears probably makes more sense for ya.1. You are...why not tell us WHY you think that Roger is such a genius for writing that line instead of simply telling us that you like that line.I mean...this thread you've started is POINTLESS...you didn't expect reactions like what you're getting?2. You're not...you're posting on a site that hates pointless posts by people who claim that the post HAS a point, but refuse to say WHAT that point is.Like what you're doing here, potential-troll.3. I am A moderator, yes.4. Why is that amazing? 5. No, actually. I'm a Waters fan. Gilmour and Wright were essential to the SOUND, but I think it's Waters who made Pink Floyd what it was.Want to quit trying to second guess someone you don't know?6. Hmmm...I'm looking back over this thread and I don't see ANYWHERE that I call you a "dork."Want to quit trying to put words into my mouth?You have just crossed the line from "potential troll" to "someone I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on."Is THAT what you want?7. Of course you won't. Because you have nothing to say.Your initial post has proven that. Now, you're just flooding this forum with the same message over and over. That message is "I have nothing to add."8. Sounds to me like her brand of empty, vacuous pop is more your speed.Is this YOU calling a MOD a moron? Tsk, tsk.(I can put words into your mouth too, see.)I suggest you take about five minutes, think about what you're doing here...and try again.Quote:1. I take part of that back. The moderator didnt call me a dork. 2. Some troll-like person prowling the Roger Waters website called me a dork.3. I am new here. Does Syds Sexy always troll the Roger Waters website making sure anybody expressing admiration and love for the work of Roger Waters undertand that she doesnt like him?4. For Gods sake, get a life. 1. Good. A quick addendum...I'm not editing my post, though...because what you've done here proves that you're STILL missing something very important.2. This is not a ROGER WATERS website. This is a PINK FLOYD website...they are two different things.3. No, she's actually a valued member of the community here. She only acts the way she's acting towards you whenever she encounters someone acting like the ass that you've been acting like.That's part of why she's a valued member here.4. "Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black."

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2 Next

Board index » Discussion » Roger WatersAll times are UTC