"If It Hadn't Been For Syd We Would Not Exist"

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: "If It Hadn't Been For Syd We Would Not Exist"

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:
moom wrote:How's great lyrics for a nothing 8) ?
I love the humor in the line "we don't need no education." Using the double negative there was great! :lol:
Like I've said before - you're a witty guy :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

moom wrote:Like I've said before - you're a witty guy :D
I know I am, but what are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad adaptation on an even worse Pee Wee Herman joke....guess you have to be around my age and actually remember that turd of a film.....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:
moom wrote:Like I've said before - you're a witty guy :D
I know I am, but what are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad adaptation on an even worse Pee Wee Herman joke....guess you have to be around my age and actually remember that turd of a film.....
Doncha know I'm The Master Of Confusion :shock: ? Let me teach you then, boy! Welcome to my night... I mean, world :twisted:

I dunno that Pee'n'Poo guy, sorry, haven't seen the film... How old are ya? Me is 22 year young :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

moom wrote:I dunno that Pee'n'Poo guy, sorry, haven't seen the film... How old are ya? Me is 22 year young :D
I'm 30 and American, which is probably why. What you don't know is that Estonia has their own version of Pee Wee Herman, and it is you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

A BAD adaptation? Who does he think he is! ( :lol: ). NO, NO, and once again - NO. I am not BAd. I am WORSE.
sydsfloyd
Embryo
Embryo
Location: All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Post by sydsfloyd »

I suppose we can thank Syd for getting the guys together and for the one and a bit albums he was a part of, however, after Syd went on his trip, the guys began the metamorphosis into the real Pink Floyd creating the works of art we all know and love.
It does not automatically follow that floyd fans have to be a fan of Syds music, i personally like lots of Syds songs ,indeed ,some are classics like dominoes, astronomie dominie, gigalo aunt, Emily and Arnold but i have to say a lot of his songs are nonsense and sometimes quite embarassing.

Would we have had the greatest album ever made (darkside) had Syd not gone crazy?

It is easy to say that without Syd we would not exist but without Roger, Dave ,Nick and Rick and thier undoubted genius we would not be the greatest band in history.

RIP SYD......................
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

But writing nonsence is a part of what makes Syd a genius - he could make nonsence sound like a sence, or at least sound like a complete song :) .