Wish You Were Here cover - radiohead/sparklehorse

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
paulgeaf
Embryo
Embryo

Post by paulgeaf »

Hmmmm i also had this a month or so ago....i put it on whilst telling Jan, my girlfriend about this great cover of pink flods song..etc etc
When it came on we thought..hmmmm ok, lets just give it a chance..
After about halfway through we both looked at each other and said....naaaaa to tell you the truth i was a bit disappointed, knowing radioheads pretty unique ability to work with atmospheric music and change the feelings throughout song(NO i am not some radiohead fan!), id did think it would be great.
It isnt .
Wosrst attempt at a pink floyd cover ever!
I can do it MUCH better :)
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I've said this a billion times, but I'll say it again

RADIOHEAD IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS COVER!!! THOM YORKE OF RADIOHEAD DOES A SMALL VOCAL PART OVER THE PHONE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SONG, BUT THE SONG ITSELF IS BY SPARKLEHORSE!!!

Sorry for getting so worked up, but people saying "Radiohead shouldn't touch WYWH" bugs the hell out of me, as Radiohead never has touched WYWH. Sparklehorse has, and people saying "Sparklehorse shouldn't touch WYWH" would not only be fine with me, but would please me, since it would tell me that someone has actually realised that Radiohead has next to nothing to do with the cover.

*breathes in*
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Useful Idiot wrote:RADIOHEAD IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS COVER!!! THOM YORKE OF RADIOHEAD DOES A SMALL VOCAL PART OVER THE PHONE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SONG, BUT THE SONG ITSELF IS BY SPARKLEHORSE!!!
Indeed, but I heard they were on the way to the studio to do it but they got delayed so Thom did something over the phone for it!!
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Useful Idiot wrote:RADIOHEAD IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS COVER!!! THOM YORKE OF RADIOHEAD DOES A SMALL VOCAL PART OVER THE PHONE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SONG, BUT THE SONG ITSELF IS BY SPARKLEHORSE!!!
Indeed, but I heard they were on the way to the studio to do it but they got delayed so Thom did something over the phone for it!!
I haven't heard that, but it doesn't really matter. That pretty much means that Radiohead was going to appear on it but didn't. Emphasis on the didn't bit.
Radiohead
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Radiohead »

Wow, enlightening. I didn't really think it sounded like Thom. Good to know, thank you. I just listened to it again. It's alright.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

It's a decent version but I much preffer the live cover i'v got by phish, some absolutely beautiful guitar/piano interplay on that.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I have never heard a good cover of WYWH...

I love your avatar, Chien_Andalusia. If you don't stick around, I may end up using it a little bit in the future.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I have never heard a good cover of WYWH...

I love your avatar, Chien_Andalusia. If you don't stick around, I may end up using it a little bit in the future.

The first post I have seen from R.PITI in a week or so...welcome back, dude.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

It's good to be back, Mos :D

It sure is hard to get caught up when you've been away for about eleven days...