Removing/Preventing Digital Clicks during Digital Recording.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Removing/Preventing Digital Clicks during Digital Recording.

Post by PooF »

Keith Jordan wrote:I will get another 512MB of RAM to take me just over the 1GB mark. I will get that on my way home from work. I think my laptop wants PC2700 DDR memory according to the http://www.crucial.com website. I could be wrong.... but then again, I could be right! Mmmmm! :lol:

I have a Toshiba Satellite P30 which I think has a spare expansion slot thing available. Time for the screwdrivers to come out!!!!
Better, get the hammer out too - just in case.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

I have a Machine built especially for audio, It is Fanless (watercooled) except for the PSU which rarely kicks in, it has an athlon 64 939 cpu 500G HD (2 x 250) and 3G ram, Firewire M audio card. Twin Flat 19" monitors Genelec 1032a and Wharfedale Diamond Studio Monitors.
Your little laptop is probably shaking in its boots.

I record with FL7 and Samplitude, Pro Tools is Good but over priced and over complicated.
Cubase has the yearly tax issue and chomps Ram and disc like theres no tomorrow.

Try Magix music studio 12, I have used it with this old laptop, (IBM600x) which has less than 520 ram and it worked fine. Designed around Samplitude and Pro Tools Its also less than 40 quid. bargain.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:I have a Machine built especially for audio, It is Fanless (watercooled) except for the PSU which rarely kicks in, it has an athlon 64 939 cpu 500G HD (2 x 250) and 3G ram, Firewire M audio card. Twin Flat 19" monitors Genelec 1032a and Wharfedale Diamond Studio Monitors.
Nice. A system where you can record audio, burn 2 CDs, play Halo and surf Youtube all at the same damn time without a glitch.

I do agree that there are a lot of reasonably priced DAWs out there that don't require a lot of resources, but in most cases, quality is sacrificed. With a decent processor and RAM, any mid-line audio programs like Cubase will work fine.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Right then, I just got myself a new RAM chip to take me up to 1GB of DDR RAM. If these clicks don't stop, the laptop will need to grow some wings as I will be throwing it out of the window onto the street!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

how is the recording going?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:how is the recording going?
Good question. Hope you are getting sorted out. If not, there are plenty of us "philes" on here to help you.
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

Got over the shock then? That's good 8)
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

garygreen wrote:Got over the shock then? That's good 8)
What shock? :?