CASTING CALL - Back To Square One

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

CASTING CALL - Back To Square One

Post by bpmolder »

Hello all! Since a few of us have been able to get the ball rolling again on this new tribute project, and have started to work out how it will come together, I am starting this thread to get a list of people together who wish to participate. The other thread will be for discussion, ideas and questions, as it is now.

So anyone who wants to participate in this fictitious band radio show retrospective concept should please be counted here, listing what you wish to do. I will compile a list that can be added to or subtracted from as people join/leave. The way I am trying to plan it is so a much wider amount of people can be involved, creating something that will be joined together as a sum of parts submitted from around the world. It has the potential to be an amazing collaboration and a lot of fun.

Please let me know, through posts in this thread, what you wish to do. Anything you would like to contribute, let us know. Don't be shy. You will be counted with the group and eventually given an assignment.

Again, these are what we need:

Singers
Musicians
Writers (lyrics, melodies, dialog for radio show)
Graphic artists for album artwork
Video artists for video projects that we decide on, such as a mocumentary, press kit, music video, etc.

In addition to this, there will be a need for opinions, comments, critiques, suggestions, listening ears, artistic minds.

If there are any questions about anything I have covered here, please direct them to the other thread.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Re: CASTING CALL - Back To Square One

Post by davidjay »

i've got some lyrics for a song that covers the famous "spitting incedent" and addresses roger's inspiration for "the wall". they need some fleshing out at this point. it's something that i've had on the back burner for some time. hopefully i'll come up with the creative motivation to finish soon. i'm not sure what i'm going to do when it actually comes time to record the song. i don't have a band, and have limited musical abilities. :lol: i'm sure i'll work it all out!
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

I have a few songs ready, and can put "gilmouresque" guitar parts on any song that needs them.
Let me know what you need.

ta
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

I'd be most willing to lay down some bass tracks, just let me know what you need.

Jim
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

@davidjay: Down for lyrics to one song. Would you still like to contribute the DJ voice to the radio program? As far as working the song out goes, please try to keep in mind that this is a group project, and even though there are those of us who can come up with whole songs on our own, it is certainly not discouraged to accept help in getting songs together if help is needed. There are a lot of resources and people available with the talent to help make just about any vision you have a reality, while fitting it within the context of the project.

@SurrigateJoe: Down for songs and guitar. How many songs do you have available specifically? What stages are they in relative to completion?

@BigDim: Down for bass. It's good to have someone who specializes in bass, because it will produce better quality results in the end.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

I will write some lyrics and start on the video "mockumentary". I will post a 1 to 2 minute video example of what I am aiming for today if possible, in Windows Media format. That way, people can send me various ideas on the video.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Multi-instrumentalist dude right here.

Guitar is the primary instrument...but I can add just about anything else that needs to be done.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

Same as here. I can put vocals on, guitar, bass, keys, percs, mixing mastering anything.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Alright. Two multi-talented guys. Awesome. I will add you two to the list.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I can do any filthy guitar playing.

But I don't do Gilmour style stuff, because I find it extremely boring to play like that.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That's cool, Roger. I find it boring myself. You will be perfect for early, psychedelic stuff, especially with your improvisational style. A blues/jazz jam with distortion would be awesome.
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

Great stuff!

Just let me know as and when you would require my input.

What format is proposed?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

BigDim wrote:Great stuff!

Just let me know as and when you would require my input.

What format is proposed?
Sure will. As soon as we get 2 or 3 songs written and ready to record, parts can be handed out for recording.

As far as format goes, wav would be preferred, so it will be compatible with any recording and editing programs out there. It can be passed along easier. I will set up an FTP server that will provide a centralized location for uploading and downloading the wav files.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I wish to participate :D

I can sing, write some tunes, but I'm better at writing lyrics than tunes. I use Audacity :D

Shall I send my stuff through Gmail :D ?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hey moom! Of course you can participate. gmail would work just fine. I am in the process of setting up a FTP server that we can upload to and download from. That will enable us to get the files back and forth. Whatever you want to submit, let me know. We will set something up.

In the meantime, I have put you on the participants list.