CASTING CALL - Back To Square One

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: CASTING CALL - Back To Square One

Post by moom »

Thanks agent Molder :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

moom wrote:Thanks agent Molder :D
You're welcome, Andrei. I really liked what you did on the Double Core album and look forward to seeing what else you come up with.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Yeah, I'm really proud of that piece :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Is there anyone else interested in taking part in this project? There are still plenty of slots available for songs, ranging from the Piper era to the Division Bell era. Instrumentals, improvisations, freak outs, rockers, anything. Whatever you can come up with, don't be shy. If you have any ideas, let us know. Maybe someone can work with you to help bring them to life.

If you have any lyrics to share or any cool song ideas, please post them in the Back To Square One thread.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I'll do that tomorrow, for sure :D

Not goin' to bed yet, but am tired. See ya all ;)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Forgot to mention that I also have some acting history...so if we needed, say, a second DJ for some reason, I could fill that slot also.

Don't know how convincing my faux British accent would be, so I don't want to step right up and claim the speaking voice of a member of the band...yet. :lol:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

mosespa wrote:Forgot to mention that I also have some acting history...so if we needed, say, a second DJ for some reason, I could fill that slot also.

Don't know how convincing my faux British accent would be, so I don't want to step right up and claim the speaking voice of a member of the band...yet. :lol:
If there are any faux-accents on this album, it WILL suck!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

mosespa wrote:Forgot to mention that I also have some acting history
Yeah, but how would having the lead in Madame Butterfly qualify you to be a DJ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
PublicImage wrote:If there are any faux-accents on this album, it WILL suck!
I agree. We should just get people together with their natural voices to do the interview spots. I think variety could be good. It will spark more interest that way, having a group of mixed nationalities. It would make a better story.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yay, I am actually putting a proper band together with a friend from my music class, so I might even be able to contribute something decent to this!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:Yay, I am actually putting a proper band together with a friend from my music class, so I might even be able to contribute something decent to this!
That would be awesome!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

bpmolder wrote:
mosespa wrote:Forgot to mention that I also have some acting history
Yeah, but how would having the lead in Madame Butterfly qualify you to be a DJ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It wasn't Madame Butterfly, lol; but I was once in a high-school production of The Fantasticks. I played one of the fathers and had to work at a radio station shortly after one of my performances. I didn't have enough time to go home and shower, so I ended up doing my shift complete with faux-gray hair and eyeliner wrinkles all over my face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT'S what qualifies me. :D :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

mosespa wrote:It wasn't Madame Butterfly, lol; but I was once in a high-school production of The Fantasticks. I played one of the fathers and had to work at a radio station shortly after one of my performances. I didn't have enough time to go home and shower, so I ended up doing my shift complete with faux-gray hair and eyeliner wrinkles all over my face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT'S what qualifies me. :D :D
That must have been a sight. :lol:

It would indeed be prudent to have more than one person with broadcast experience to be interviewers, because it would hardly be convincing for a group to be interviewed by the same guy for 30 years, unless that group was in bed with Jann Wenner. :lol: Personally, I am better at being the awkwardly uncomfortable interviewee. :lol:

I figure that if there are, say, 5 or 6 interview segments, there should at least be 3 or 4 different interviewers.

In the meantime, I will put you down, mossy, for one of the interviewers. :smt023
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

you also need people for cover art? right?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Duckboy wrote:you also need people for cover art? right?
We need people for whatever art you can come up with, because there is the potential for t-shirts, fake album covers, posters, etc. The sky's the limit!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Nighty-night, i'll post my birthday song lyrics later ;)