Early Ideas for our fake Pink Floyd Mockumentary

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Early Ideas for our fake Pink Floyd Mockumentary

Post by cwta eugene »

I took 45 minutes last night and came up with a short two minute preview of what our Mockumentary could look like. Of course, we haven't decided the band name and such, this is just for fun. Please submit any ideas you have. Thanks for downloading! :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k4o5c0'>h ... k4o5c0</a>

This works on both Windows Media Player as well as VLC Media Player. Don't know about Real Player. :? Shouldn't take long to download, it's just 19 mb.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Early Ideas for our fake Pink Floyd Mockumentary

Post by PooF »

That's such a good starting point.

What about using the 'Floydian' font for titles?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

The Floyd Font would be a tad too obvious, I think.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

mosespa wrote:The Floyd Font would be a tad too obvious, I think.
I agree.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I love the video clip, especially the parts with the fans speaking. I would also propose losing the Floyd font. We can also go as far as to get a t-shirt or 2 made with the band's name and a faux album cover on it, something iconic like the DSOTM prism. That way, when we insert clips of certain of us, we can film someone wearing the t-shirt and have them talk.

This can turn into a Spinal Tap type of thing where some people actually think this is a real group. Wouldn't that be awesome?
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

I actually, at one point, thought Spinal Tap was a real band. :shock: I hadn't seen the movie, just the Simpson's episode where Bart and Millhouse go to one of their concerts and everything goes wrong. I just thought they were a real band with loads of misfortune. :lol: About the idea of making fake t-shirts; that's a great idea! I could also insert pictures into the mockumentary of people holding up signs with the fake-bands name and such.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

cwta eugene wrote:I actually, at one point, thought Spinal Tap was a real band. :shock: I hadn't seen the movie, just the Simpson's episode where Bart and Millhouse go to one of their concerts and everything goes wrong. I just thought they were a real band with loads of misfortune. :lol: About the idea of making fake t-shirts; that's a great idea! I could also insert pictures into the mockumentary of people holding up signs with the fake-bands name and such.
See what I mean? A realistic enough concept can be thought of as the real thing, which increases the popularity of it. The curiosity factor alone is enough to attract people.

Yeah, the signs thing would be a great idea, because that could lead to fake posters and everything. Technology allows stuff like that to be inserted and look real.

There is a true sense of irony in the fact that David Gilmour performed a song with Spinal Tap, playing lead bass. Christopher Guest, who plays their lead guitarist/bassist Nigel Tufnel, couldn't be there that night, so they somehow got Gilmour to fill in. I watch that video on Youtube every now and then and get a big kick out of it, seeing the look on Gilmour's face when the cameras cut to him. He was trying to look serious, but you can see that he was amused.

Whenever Spinal Tap performs, there are always people who think they are a real band. We could possibly achieve the same thing with this project. It would be very "War Of The Worlds."