Commentary Version - The Wall

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Commentary Version - The Wall

Post by Ridan »

In the commentary version of The Wall, there are parts where one can not clearly comprehend what Roger and Alan Parker, right! Especially when the songs are going on.

Any idea where I can get the subtitles or words etc. for that one?
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I not sure is there are subtitles for the commentary, but I love the commentary! :D
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

Gee.....you must be really having trouble with the commentary.....It isn't Roger Waters and Alan Parker......It's Roger Waters and Gerald Scarfe
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

But on that DVD there's wonderfull extras. Is there any easter-eggs there? I know only those short soundclips on some pages.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

FloydNZ wrote:Gee.....you must be really having trouble with the commentary.....It isn't Roger Waters and Alan Parker......It's Roger Waters and Gerald Scarfe
Damn! My bad....Alan Parker was a mistake. I actually meant Gerald Scarfe. :(
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Gonzo wrote:I not sure is there are subtitles for the commentary, but I love the commentary! :D
I like the part where pink is a kid and he tries to go off with the stranger, and Roger starts talking about abducting childre, and people not talking about it.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Alternative 4 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I not sure is there are subtitles for the commentary, but I love the commentary! :D
I like the part where pink is a kid and he tries to go off with the stranger, and Roger starts talking about abducting childre, and people not talking about it.
Yes, and having to wear "short pants." And the part where he's trying to recall some word and says something about his Alzheimers. I just love his sense of humour. That commentary is great. It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

The commentary is great fun. The only bad thing, if i now watch the film without the commentary, i still have to think of what is said in the commentary, and i start to laugh at scenes where there is nothing funny.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:That commentary is great. It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
No doubt, it's great. :)
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:That commentary is great. It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
No doubt, it's great. :)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

There should be a commantary on Pompeii
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
WOOOOOOOW....I wish he was in my living room as I watched it...But, I know what you mean...Wow, imagine watchign The Wall, sitting beside Roger, wow...That's all I have to say!
I do love the commentary and the making of...Roger looks so damn sexy! Esp. with his number 1 shirt....His shirt is sooo right...He's number one! ha ha ! Charade, you are Roger! :wink:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
As long as they dont ask for too much food and beer they are welcome in my room.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Yucateco wrote:
As long as they dont ask for too much food and beer they are welcome in my room.
:lol: They'd be welcome to it all! But I might have to stock up a bit beforehand...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I did not have any trouble comprehending them throughout the film. If you are not accustomed to British accents, perhaps you just need to pay a bit more attention to what they are saying.
Pugs on the Wing wrote: That commentary is great. It's like having Rog and Gerald in your living room with you as you're watching it.
:lol:

I also feel the commentary is great. It's too bad the Berlin DVD doesn't have any commentary, huh?