Watching TV

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
46&2
Embryo
Embryo

Watching TV

Post by 46&2 »

So I was cruising channels on the tube today and as I flipped to VH1, they were running a movie with Johnny Depp called Cry-Baby. There was an extremely pregnant Rikki Lake saying “Welcome to the Jukebox Jamboree.” The proverbial light bulb lit up, and I said to myself “I know I’ve heard that line somewhere before.” Within a few seconds I remembered that it was from Amused to Death. A little exploration & I found that it was about 0:50 into “Watching TV.” I don’t know for sure if this is the actual source if the sound bite, but it got me thinking. Does anyone else have any info regarding where some of the snippets that Roger has used as background noise on his albums come from? I remember watching Gomer Pyle, USMC as a kid, and the episode where Gomer & Sgt. Carter go to Washington DC is played in the background of “Nobody Home.” I am curious about the source of the sound behind “Is there anybody out there?” “We got about an hour of daylight left…” “They’re gonna pick up our trail before long…”

Any responses?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

It's from the Gunsmoke episode called Fandango.