MY NPF TRIBUTE TUNE ON ITUNES WTF

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

MY NPF TRIBUTE TUNE ON ITUNES WTF

Post by jonesy »

I was creating a pag on the face book aplication called iLike it's a music page thingy for bands etc like myspace and when i chose the name n0nbeliever it said the name had already been chosen .. so because they havent sorted out there softwre to dertime bands with the same names and split them up i chose this page and selected a password etc and on this page there was a tune called breath / breath reprise and i thought hold on a mo this cant be right we didi a tune an the tribute cd eith the same title so i clicked on the tune and lo and behold there it was NPF Tribute Breath / Breath Reprise , Nonbeliever .. and underneath it said buy this song on itunes .. i'm not familiar with itunes .. so i clicked the link but nothing happend .. i am gonnalook into this bcos somebody could be selling the npf trib cd on itunes ??? and as i have the edit function to this page my picture is next to the song but because of some of there software not being able to distinguish the two becuase of the same name someone else must also have the edit function (i dont know) but i can not take the 2 songs that are on the page off ??? .. i dont know wtf is the script ...lol somat to do with someone called
Be Lamba..??

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Nonbeliever

so if your familiar with itune take a look round there but in the mean time i'm gonna go and investigate bcos this could be cause for cancern ....
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: MY NPF TRIBUTE TUNE ON ITUNES WTF

Post by Damn!t »

:shock: ...you're gonna be stinkin rich! :lol:

...wait...I also had a tune on the first tribute.
:o
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

You're damn right this is a cause for concern, because if you didn't obtain permission from the publisher of the song to market it, then your ass could be in a sling. The best thing to do is to prove that this person has stolen your cover and see whether or not they have permission to sell it. If they don't, then contact iTunes admin and notify them of the tribute project, how it was intended as non-profit, and make sure you get it pulled, because this could land you in court if the song is traced back to you.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i have tried to listen to the tune but it doesnt seem to be there just the name and title
i have also uploaded some of my tunes and the same aplies.. there is a link to buy the tune from itunes but the link doesnt actually work ,.... so who put the tune up there in the first place ?????

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Nonbeliever ... Us+Is+Pink

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Nonbeliever ... ayed_songs
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

jonesy wrote:so who put the tune up there in the first place ?????
You would have to talk to iTunes about that. Let them know that the cover is yours and you didn't give permission for anyone to distribute it that way.
earpro
Embryo
Embryo

Post by earpro »

Perhaps you could simply look into the usual licensing for your versions of these Floyd tunes . . . It's not that hard to do . . . Then you could legally upload and sell them anywhere you want . . .
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

earpro wrote:Perhaps you could simply look into the usual licensing for your versions of these Floyd tunes . . . It's not that hard to do . . . Then you could legally upload and sell them anywhere you want . . .
These songs aren't versions of Floyd songs, they are originals by all the musicians involved. Inspired by a hoax that wsa based on the idea of a new floyd album.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

apocalypse wrote:
earpro wrote:Perhaps you could simply look into the usual licensing for your versions of these Floyd tunes . . . It's not that hard to do . . . Then you could legally upload and sell them anywhere you want . . .
These songs aren't versions of Floyd songs, they are originals by all the musicians involved. Inspired by a hoax that wsa based on the idea of a new floyd album.
Nah, he's talking about one of the previous tribute albums that were full of covers rather than double core
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

Ah right my mistake.