Double Core rating

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

How do you rate Double Core?

10 - Perfect!
27%
7%
No votes
27%
20%
5 - Not bad, yet could be better...
7%
No votes
7%
No votes
1 - Horrible!
7%

Total votes: 15

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Double Core rating

Post by moom »

Really-really thank you guys, for words of support, - as I am a very artistic person (which includes worrying about people's reaction on it's own work), I find these words very helpful, and appreciate it 8)
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

It's always good to have support because it can make a person keep trying when they would otherwise want to give up. You have to have a thick skin though and not let the critics make you feel bad. Just remember when anyone says anything bad about your work that it is only their opinion.

A wise man once said, "You can't please all of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time. You can only please some of the people some of the time."
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I always say - "You think it's bad? Prove!" (unless the answer is "I JUST don't like it, BECAUSE ..." )
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I agree with Moom on this one.

If you can't be bothered to say WHY you don't like something, then you shouldn't be bothered to say that you don't like it.

I feel the same way about praise, mind you.

If you don't want to tell me WHY you like what I did, I'm not entirely sure I care to know that you like it.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

When you have a sample size of 7 people out of the thousands who have browsed this site and have had access to the album, its really nothing to be upset about.
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

Post by Vera Lynn »

I would give a score of 11 but it's not there :lol:
Seriously this album is great and can't wait for the second one! 8)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:I always say - "You think it's bad? Prove!" (unless the answer is "I JUST don't like it, BECAUSE ..." )
How is somebody supposed to 'prove' their own opinions? Aesthetic views are not things that need to be justified. People either find a work of art good or bad based on personal taste, and justification is not necessary.

I cannot justify my liking for any music I have ever heard, other than by saying that it sounds good. Equally, I cannot justify my dislike for any music that I have heard other than by saying that it sounds bad.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

PublicImage wrote:
moom wrote:I always say - "You think it's bad? Prove!" (unless the answer is "I JUST don't like it, BECAUSE ..." )
How is somebody supposed to 'prove' their own opinions? Aesthetic views are not things that need to be justified. People either find a work of art good or bad based on personal taste, and justification is not necessary.

I cannot justify my liking for any music I have ever heard, other than by saying that it sounds good. Equally, I cannot justify my dislike for any music that I have heard other than by saying that it sounds bad.
but you could at least say you dont like its because its just not the sort of thing im usually into would suffice as a justification
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

PublicImage wrote: How is somebody supposed to 'prove' their own opinions? Aesthetic views are not things that need to be justified. People either find a work of art good or bad based on personal taste, and justification is not necessary.

Seems to me that you and I had a long discussion about this before.

As I recall, you ended up relenting before my indomitable logic.

Shall we try it again? :D
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

hang on...
PublicImage wrote:Equally, I cannot justify my dislike for any music that I have heard other than by saying that it sounds bad.
i can give reasons for this, Britney Spears for example. She is bad 1. Because she doesnt write her own music 2. She doesnt sing her own music, lip synching at every live perfomance 3. All of the music is so repetitive 4. There is no proper music that she is singing to, just more synthesized stuff
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Duckboy wrote:hang on...
PublicImage wrote:Equally, I cannot justify my dislike for any music that I have heard other than by saying that it sounds bad.
i can give reasons for this, Britney Spears for example. She is bad 1. Because she doesnt write her own music 2. She doesnt sing her own music, lip synching at every live perfomance 3. All of the music is so repetitive 4. There is no proper music that she is singing to, just more synthesized stuff
kylie minogue fits the above discription yet she is very popular.
roger waters has been accused of lip - synching.
pink floyd can be repetitive. ababa chords for example
david gilmour doesnt write all his own lyrics. on an island for example
what is "proper music"?

maybe you are falling into the "britney is a joke therefore her music is" syndrome.

a couple of her songs were pretty good early on in her career. quite solid pop songs anyway.

the majority of her output is too samey and her lyrics too banal for my tastes, but hey she was very big for a little while. i saw a bit of a live show televised and it was entertaining.

does she sing out of tune?
is the mixing terrible, muddy?
do the lyrics make any sort of sense?
does the music reach its intended audience?
is it horribly discordant?

these are probably better reasons to dislike someones music.

or you could just say "i dont like it cos its bad" :lol:

Gee duckboy ive been picking on you a lot today - sorry about that - you can pick on me tomorrow ok? 8)
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

oz1701 wrote:
Duckboy wrote:hang on... i can give reasons for this, Britney Spears for example. She is bad 1. Because she doesnt write her own music 2. She doesnt sing her own music, lip synching at every live perfomance 3. All of the music is so repetitive 4. There is no proper music that she is singing to, just more synthesized stuff
kylie minogue fits the above discription yet she is very popular.
roger waters has been accused of lip - synching.
pink floyd can be repetitive. ababa chords for example
david gilmour doesnt write all his own lyrics. on an island for example
what is "proper music"?

maybe you are falling into the "britney is a joke therefore her music is" syndrome.

a couple of her songs were pretty good early on in her career. quite solid pop songs anyway.

the majority of her output is too samey and her lyrics too banal for my tastes, but hey she was very big for a little while. i saw a bit of a live show televised and it was entertaining.

does she sing out of tune?
is the mixing terrible, muddy?
do the lyrics make any sort of sense?
does the music reach its intended audience?
is it horribly discordant?

these are probably better reasons to dislike someones music.

or you could just say "i dont like it cos its bad" :lol:

Gee duckboy ive been picking on you a lot today - sorry about that - you can pick on me tomorrow ok? 8)
:wink:

but roger waters even if he does lip sync doesnt lip sync every performance.
and yes dave doesnt write all of his own music but britney probably doesnt write any of it
and yes floyd can be a bit repetetive but at least i can telll the difference between all of their songs (you know when you here the intro of a song and you think its another song until someone starts singing and you realise its not the song you thought it was but a different song)

P.S. dont like Kylie either
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

The start of "One of these Days" and "A Pillow of Winds" sound a lot like the start of "Shine on Part VI"... Just sayin'.

NEIL BEARDS I STILL LOVE YOU!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:

That's exactly what I meant in the "unless" line ;)

But if the problem is not a question of just taste, or how you say "aesthetics", then on has to prove.

Examples: I don't like this car because it's red, and red is not my favorite color. - Of course I can't blame this person for disliking the color.

I don't like this car because it's technically far not as superior as I'd like it to be. - This time it's not a question of taste, but a question of technology.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Duckboy wrote: :wink:

but roger waters even if he does lip sync doesnt lip sync every performance.
and yes dave doesnt write all of his own music but britney probably doesnt write any of it
and yes floyd can be a bit repetetive but at least i can telll the difference between all of their songs (you know when you here the intro of a song and you think its another song until someone starts singing and you realise its not the song you thought it was but a different song)

P.S. dont like Kylie either

how can you not like Kylie - she has a terrific bum. :lol:
oh you mean her singing... :lol: