Charybdis-The First Music Video.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Charybdis-The First Music Video.

Post by cwta eugene »

Here is the music video for "Let Me Be Me". The footage is from "Blood Tide" and is in the public domain. If anybody knows how to upload it to YouTube please do so. Let me know what you think. I won't make this too wordy because I tried that before and the server went down. I have had to do this twice.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lzn801
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Charybdis-The First Music Video.

Post by bpmolder »

Really nice. I like the dark feel of the film scenes. There is a problem with the credits though. Something we need to sort out. I used the title Endless Avenue for the first album in the interview segment. Do we want the title to be for the first album or for a late 80's one?
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Humorous too!

Note: 'Ltd.' for the UK not 'Lmtd.'
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

cwta eugene wrote:Here is the music video for "Let Me Be Me". The footage is from "Blood Tide" and is in the public domain. If anybody knows how to upload it to YouTube please do so. Let me know what you think. I won't make this too wordy because I tried that before and the server went down. I have had to do this twice.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lzn801
hi cwta eugene - love your work. i had not heard of the film you took the images from either. i think it works really well with the music too. i like the way you have put it together.

any reason why this has to be a 1987 video though?

i say this for a couple of reasons.

1. the footage used looks more mid to late 70s even though it is taken from a film from 1982. why not try making it in slightly blurry black and white and say it is from say circa 1972 - i think that might be more convincing.

2. it is obviously shot on film yet clips from 1987 would be more likely shot on video.
bpmolder wrote:Really nice. I like the dark feel of the film scenes. There is a problem with the credits though. Something we need to sort out. I used the title Endless Avenue for the first album in the interview segment. Do we want the title to be for the first album or for a late 80's one?
what other names have been chosen?

i still think "square one" would be a good first album name ie could be a city square as well as a starting point or "squares of the city" maybe

maybe another album could be some sort of direction orientated title too like "final destination" or "penultimate destination" depending on how many albums you want Charybdis to have.

i look forward to seeing and hearing more product from this interesting project 8)
Last edited by oz1701 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Thanks guys for the comments! I am going to try and line up the "explosion" scene a little better with the music and will definately change the text. Geoff informed me that we could get in trouble for using the "Ltd." bit so I will shorten it to just "Charybdis Music". As far as oz1701's suggestion goes about changing the date, I agree with you as far as the actual video goes, but the music sounds more 80's to me than anything else. Perhaps it should be from '81 or something, though, if we are using PF as a reference, this song fits more in line with a mid-eighties "fake MLOR" album than a fake early-eighties "TFC" album. :? Does that make sense? I could definately change the video to look old by putting it in sepia with scratchy lines and such, but I thought I should use that stuff for the early Syd-like songs such as "Anjanine" and "I'm Not Here". Maybe we shouldn't put a date on these things at all, just say that this song came later in the band's career. Any suggestions?

As far as the album title goes, I really like "Square One" as the first album and "Endless Avenue" for a later one, signifying a re-birth in the band with the ousting of the Roger-like character. I thought a good final album title might be "Forever and Nothing More". It's from a Tesla song that asks "Why can't forever be, forever and nothing more?" What do you think?

Once again, thanks for the comments!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Sounds good, Tanner. I will make a note that the first album should be called Square One. I think it fits nicely with the retrospective being called Back To Square One. We don't have to follow Pink Floyd's timeline at all. It would actually be better if we didn't. For that reason, I'd say that making the release year for Endless Avenue about 1981 would suffice. We can use songs like Rip You A New One for the 70's album era and even come up with some cool 70's slasher film footage for it. I know there is plenty of B-movie footage available in the public domain to do this with.

It's coming along great though. You have to keep in mind that the song is just a demo and isn't a complete version, so it will be necessary later to replace this version with the final one. In the meantime, this will still be a good way to get some Youtube buzz. Good work!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

OK-Here is the new music video with the revised text and such:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aupned

Geoff, if all's well with it, will you submit it to YouTube? I'll get on the "Rip You A New One" video soon. That should be loads of fun. :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That looks good, man! I will upload it to Youtube. I look forward to seeing the video for Rip You A New One. I'm sure it will be awesome.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I got the Youtube account set up. There was one band on Youtube that is called Charybdis, so I made our band's title "Charybdis Music" just to keep them from trying to cause us any trouble. They don't have the name registered, but I don't want to risk getting deleted due to the recent, gestapo-like crack down on copyrighted material. We aren't in violation of any copyrights, but I don't want to risk it.

Anyway, here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a56whfP2v8

Our big Youtube debut! Wow! Now we get to join the immortal ranks of the fart lighters, coffee house yuppies, people busting their shit falling off of skateboards and bicycles, and every other misanthropic type of person attempting to get famous over night by broadcasting videos of themselves acting stupid. Congratulations! :lol:
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Congratulations indeed! :lol: Thanks Geoff!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I am getting nothing but compliments about this, for both the song and the way the video was done. Very nice.