Charybdis Project Casting For Recording

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Charybdis Project Casting For Recording

Post by bpmolder »

I have started making my rounds, reminding people to audition and/or reconfirm their desire to be involved in the recording process of this project. I have contacted everyone on my list who has expressed a desire to contribute and will start penciling in parts as soon as I start hearing back.

If anyone else is interested, now is the time to sign up, because recording will commence on Jan. 14, at which time all parts will be closed and no new people will be added to the project.

Whatever parts go unfilled will be completed by me.

If you haven't submitted a demo or anything, an audition piece will be required. Please PM me and I will give you an email address to send your audition to.

Also, please be serious about expressing your desire to contribute. Strict deadlines will have to be adhered to so we can get this done within a reasonable time frame. The demo compilation process didn't have a deadline because I didn't want anyone to feel any pressure. The recording process, however, has to be done in a timely fashion, since most of the creative part is out of the way. Please respond only if you can commit to this, because no late submissions will be accepted.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Re: Charybdis Project Casting For Recording

Post by davidjay »

i'm on board as a "dj" voice. (i know i've got one around here somewhere!)

need a demo? several are available on my website:
http://djgreenroom.tripod.com
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That's awesome, David. That promo gave me a good laugh. I'll send you a copy of a script when we get started. :D
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

A little late into the affray but I have been a little busy.
Ready to go.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:A little late into the affray but I have been a little busy.
Ready to go.
Sweet! :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yeah...ready whenever.

Even have a new "modeling" amp to get various tones out of :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

mosespa wrote:Yeah...ready whenever.

Even have a new "modeling" amp to get various tones out of :D
Fargin awesome! Have you figured out how to put some Gilmour stank on it yet?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Too busy getting variations on my own, lol.

It's okay, though; I believe that the true heart of the Gilmour stank is all in one's fingers. :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

mosespa wrote:Too busy getting variations on my own, lol.

It's okay, though; I believe that the true heart of the Gilmour stank is all in one's fingers. :lol:
It's all in the bend and vibrato. That's the flavor!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Geoff, is it OK to you to use the original vocal recordings for 'Some Of Them'? Sale would like his voice to be used on that one, and as a matter of fact, I would too. That could be a Roy Harper we've been talking about. If it's no problem I will upload them for you, or send them via mail. There are two vocal tracks, both in .wav format.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hudini wrote:Geoff, is it OK to you to use the original vocal recordings for 'Some Of Them'? Sale would like his voice to be used on that one, and as a matter of fact, I would too. That could be a Roy Harper we've been talking about. If it's no problem I will upload them for you, or send them via mail. There are two vocal tracks, both in .wav format.
Sure, Hudini. We could use his vocals. No problem. They have to be clean, plain vocals with no effects so they can be placed in the mix properly. If you would like to gmail them to me, that would be great.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Yes, the vocal tracks are clean and without any effects. Only I don't know if I can send them via mail, because they are in .wav format and they are really large. Maybe it's best to upload them somewhere and just send you the link. I could do that the day after tomorrow, because I won't be working and I'll be home. Right now I'm using a friend's computer just to look around and see what's new here.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hudini wrote:Yes, the vocal tracks are clean and without any effects. Only I don't know if I can send them via mail, because they are in .wav format and they are really large. Maybe it's best to upload them somewhere and just send you the link. I could do that the day after tomorrow, because I won't be working and I'll be home. Right now I'm using a friend's computer just to look around and see what's new here.
Yeah, just use one of the many free file sharing websites like sendspace or 4shared and upload them there, then PM me a link. No problem.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

I have completed and hosted the Acoustic gtr part for "Let me be me"
I recorded my Yamaha SLG100s with a stereo split sending the bass and mid, to the left and treble to the right, then recorded my Lakewood M14 cp ( a proper acoustic) on the right channel, both recordings have no effects, completely flat EQ. I think it sounds quite nice. I have applied a tiny amount of compression to make the level more managable and easier to mix, and thus saving a little CPU for the mixdown.

I have sent the link to BPM, 48Khz uncompressed wav. 56megs
work your magic dude. let me know if you need any help. My studio is empty at the moment, as I am having a break from writing.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Thank you, Dan. I will check it out tonight in a couple hours when I start my work night. I will keep you posted on anything else I may need your help with, definitely.