Mademoiselle Knobs

Post by Keith Jordan »

One question: why? :lol:
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

I like it!

1. it's funny - the band seems to have a good time performing it - and not too long
2. it's no worse than "Seamus"
3. last but not least - I also feel touched watching it. Rick's gorgeous dog, Mlle Knobs, reminds me of my dog - many years ago, I used to have a beautiful borzoi (Russian wolf-hound) that looked exactly the same way, white and red haired... I loved him very much (more than any animal I've ever had). But when he was only three years old, it revealed, that he was incurably ill; suffered terrible pains and, finally, we had to put him to eternal sleep :cry:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Anna-Roza wrote:Rick's gorgeous dog, Mlle Knobs, reminds me of my dog - many years ago, I used to have a beautiful borzoi (Russian wolf-hound) that looked exactly the same way, white and red haired... I loved him very much (more than any animal I've ever had). But when he was only three years old, it revealed, that he was incurably ill; suffered terrible pains and, finally, we had to put him to eternal sleep :cry:
That's so sad. :cry: It's always so hard to lose an animal. Dogs especially, they're so devoted, honest and forgiving.

----

Re: Mlle Knobs: That's another thing that I've always appreciated about Pink Floyd is their incorporation of animal sounds and images with their music. Makes them more human.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Thank you, Pugs, for compassion...

One thing more about "Pompeii..." - I think Syd would like it as well, because it suits his childlike imagination: Pompeii as a legendary, half-mythological place and singing animals... For me, the idea of "Mlle Knobs" is quite close to the atmosphere of his "Piper..." lyrics!
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

That's his dog? Awesome! It's a gorgeous animal! Anybody here know what breed it is?
I've been wondering how did he made the dog 'sing', it's like when they show those funniest animals videos on TV; why do dogs begin 'singing' with certain music?
mosespa

Re: Mademoiselle Knobs

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote:One question: why? :lol:
Ah...but to answer the question of "why," one must first examine the myriad possiblities available to the situation...and then ask the question "why not?"

Apparently, they wanted to play Seamus...but Seamus (that's the dog) wasn't around.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Tinkerbell wrote:Anybody here know what breed it is?
As I've written above: it's a Russian wolf-hound, so called borzoi. Quite close "relative" to greyhound, for example, but bigger and with long hair.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

I'v never understood the hostility towards either this or seamus, they just sound like pleasent enough blues grass tracks to me. Ok there nothing speical but there hardly unlistenable like a few other tracks from the early years I could name.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="Keith Jordan"]One question: why? :lol:[/quote]

Because. (Just like I tell my son) :)
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I think they were just having fun. Actually it's kind of nice, they never really seemed to have much fun soon after that.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Anna-Roza wrote:I like it!

1. it's funny - the band seems to have a good time performing it
not sure about that. Roger looks pretty p*ssed off about something towards the end.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

decampos wrote:
Anna-Roza wrote:I like it!

1. it's funny - the band seems to have a good time performing it
not sure about that. Roger looks pretty p*ssed off about something towards the end.
Really? I don't think so. He seems to lift his eyebrows a bit and there appears to be a start of a smile across his lips right at the end.

Why does everyone always say Roger looks p*ssed about something? Geez, it reminds me of my grandmother who always thought I was unhappy because I didn't smile. There was just no cause for me to smile is all! In any and all pictures I've seen of the band, Roger looks no more or less angrier than any of them.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

quicksilver wrote:I think they were just having fun.
Yep! I like it because...hmmm....I like it because I can't say why I like it. (Do I sound confused here?) It's a unique idea and they look like they are just having fun. :)
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

Why not?
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

just out of curiousity keith, who is the girl in your picture?
me like :oops: :roll: :lol: 8)