Long shot - Keyboards in India?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
bald_fat_bloke
Axe
Axe

Long shot - Keyboards in India?

Post by bald_fat_bloke »

Hi

Any help appreciated

Do any of the resident musos here have any experience of locating keyboards in, or near Bengal - any contacts who may have a clue - any insight at all, no matter how Off the Wall?

We've a gig there in a very few days time which is very exciting and although the guys who are organising the event are confident that they'll be able to sort something out, they are struggling to locate what we need keys-wise - everything else is sorted.

We would ideally use a Yamaha P120 (P140) and a Yamaha Motif8 (ES8) but at this stage pretty much any equivalent would be cheerfully accepted as we have at least one day prior to the show to work on sounds.

The airline won't take them because they are just too heavy to accompany us as checked in baggage and the shipping option is not likely to work either because we need the gear back with us pretty much straight away on our return and it's also being used right up to the day before we have to depart.

I have to say that Yamaha, both in UK and India have been as unhelpful as they could be and when the time comes to replace our gear we'll CERTAINLY remember this experience - but that doesn't help right now I guess and in reality it's only to be expected of a major corporation who now have more to consider than "going the extra yard" that they perhaps had to do when they started.... ooops I feel a rant coming on and I really should save that for when I get through to their CEO.

Anyhoo - it's a long shot but nothing ventured etc etc

Best regards

Dave
http://www.breathefloyd.co.uk
who may be the first Pink Floyd cover band to play the opening of Shine On as a "comb and paper/kazoo" duet!!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Re: Long shot - Keyboards in India?

Post by filthyfish »

We were asked to play a gig in Bombay last year, after we emailed our backline requirements, it went very quiet, and we weren't asking for much
my advise is, make sure you have everything you need because if its not there, ...........
bald_fat_bloke
Axe
Axe

Post by bald_fat_bloke »

Was that from the Hard Rock Cafe, Mumbai by any chance?

I don't know how they've managed it but they've sorted everything that we can't ship but the keyboards, as we've a day before the show there's some time for a little frantic patch searching - just keeping our fingers crossed; Oh! And looking around for a set of Bontempi user manuals - not sure whether they came with Stereo DI out!!

Dave
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

No it was a big festival! (25000) you would have thought they would expect to have to get some stuff in.
bald_fat_bloke
Axe
Axe

Post by bald_fat_bloke »

Huzzah! Just had a call and they've come up with the goods - panic over!

No thanks to Fortress Yamaha tho' - it's gonna take a while to get over their general disinterest, if indeed we ever do.

Dave
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Dave,pleased to hear you've sorted yourselves out.Our Rachel would gladly have lent you her melodica if it all became arse pockets-this has saved our electicity-lacking asses on more than one occasion-particularly for gigs in caves.... Best of British for the India jaunt from,I'm sure,everyone on the tribute and projects side of NPF.See if you can sew some seeds for the next NPF festival there next year!!
bald_fat_bloke
Axe
Axe

Post by bald_fat_bloke »

Hey Neil

Thanks for your good wishes dude - hopefully we may have time to make some good friends, take some photos and we'll look forward to meeting up with you and the rest of the AMBER HERD to share the tale of our jaunt at the Lady Margaret Hall, Welbeck on 2nd January. erm..... are you serious about the prospect of camping there dude??? lol

Xx Shine on
Dave
http://www.breathefloyd.co.uk
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Why not??? It WILL be February by then,which is virtually Spring! You forget, we're hard Derbyshire folk up here! (having said all that,we'll probably get a lift back...)
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

All Ye Floydians Worry Not;
AsydWaters - The Pink FloydIndian Is Here !!!
Plz mail/pm me all your requirements now,so that I can get you folks all you need and contact the 'right people' who are gonna be very helpful

Yes,i'm not joking;i've very good terms with the publisher/event organiser/rock musician Mr. Amit Sehgal of Rock Street Journal and the band members of Parikrama(india's foremost floyd band) are my close friends.So I will do everything in my capacity.As of now I'm sending a pm to Mr Sehagal and the main man of Parikrama,Subir Malik.Also I got contacts in Bengal so plz do let me know full details of whatever you need.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

The Delicate Sound Of Breathe Floyd To Rock IIT KHARAGPUR's SpringFest!!
And I'm gonna meet Dave there !!!!!!!Wow !!!! :D :D :D