Roger Waters on Saturday Night Live

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Blade
Blade

Roger Waters on Saturday Night Live

Post by 0010 »

Has anyone seen this story from the good folks at Brain Damage? Roger Waters to appear on Saturday Night Live
Our friends in the US should make a note in their diaries, so that they don't miss popular NBC TV programme, Saturday Night Live. Scheduled to appear on the February 2nd show is Roger Waters, due to perform - certainly with Snowy White, possibly with his full band. Exact details of what they are to perform haven't been confirmed yet. However, current rumours are that with the current writers' strike in the US, Roger will be performing the whole of Dark Side Of The Moon!

SNL has not been a new episode for quite some time because of the damn writers strike, so I don't see why it would be back on Feb 2nd with Roger as the musical guest/host?
Parish
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Waters on Saturday Night Live

Post by Parish »

I have a pal who works there and he's trying to confirm. I'll letcha know as soon as I do...
TheLazenby
Knife
Knife

Post by TheLazenby »

This seems pretty damn far-fetched, but I do want a new SNL, and this could be the best possible way to bring it back! :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'd like a new SNL, too...preferably one with a cast that's actually FUNNY. :D
TheLazenby
Knife
Knife

Post by TheLazenby »

Brain Damage.co.uk says this has been cancelled, and that Snowy White removed it from his website.

Son of a bitch!
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

D'oh!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Hey 0010, where do you live in lovely Dayton? Were you cold enough this morning? :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I would believe Roger being on SNL if it wasn't for the strike and perpetual reruns. I would believe the whole story if it wasn't for the rumor of him performing the entirety of DSOTM. The network would never allow them to use 40 minutes of their show to showcase a musical act, no matter how good they were.

Like most other people, I would be satisfied with the show simply being funny again.
EarthboundMisfit
Blade
Blade

Post by EarthboundMisfit »

Yeah- I'd actually watch it if Rog & Snowy were gonna be there
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

bpmolder wrote:Like most other people, I would be satisfied with the show simply being funny again.
"again"?
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

just another victim of the writer's strike. i am so damn tired of reality tv! that's all that's on anymore. they've made all the 1 hour reality shows 2 hours long so that they eat up more primetime because they've got nothing else to put on. i guess if an hour of "the biggest loser" is good, then 2 hours is twice as good! they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. the lastest idiocy i've seen ads for is a real winner called "my dad is better than you're dad". gee, i can't wait for that one! it sounds almost a cool as "american gladiators". yippee! :lol:
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

You nailed that. Insipid "reality" shows draining our brains. Try Reno 911 if you want to snort some milk out of your nostril.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I much prefer reality show parodies than reality shows themselves. It's good to poke fun at trends. It's not good that this trend has not gone away as quickly as most of us hoped it would.

Oh well, hopefully the strike ends soon and television choices improve slightly. Hopefully then, SNL will have Roger on to promote his DSOTM tour.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Maybe having this much reality TV on the telly might put people off it. Either that or they'll get addicted. I'm hoping for the former.