"Back To Square One" Album(s) Artwork

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

"Back To Square One" Album(s) Artwork

Post by Hudini »

Here's the final version of the discography:

1968 - "Square One"
1969 - "Marching In Time, Backwards"
1970 - "Thick"
1971 - "Camera Lucida"
1972 - "Moomagooma"
1973 - "Marking Time"
1974 - "Sumerian Dawn"
1975 - "Missing Pieces"
1976 - "A Question Of Dreams"
1977 - "Counting Sheep"
1978 - "Barricades"
1980 - "Mending Fences"
1981 - "Endless Avenue"
1983 - "Oscillations"
1986 - "Hampton Court"
1988 - "The Garden Of Ashes"
1992 - "Forever And Nothing More"

Now get yourselves inspired with the album titles (or the existing songs) and let's get started doing the artwork.

I just googled out some pics and found an interesting looking photo of the Hampton Court gardens. I just cropped and filtered it a little bit to make it look more vintage. I think it could be used as a "Hampton Court" album cover. What do you think?

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: "Back To Square One" Album(s) Artwork

Post by Annoying Twit »

I have a 1000x1000 pixel version of this if it's any use to anybody.

(Sorry about joining in without invitation)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Annoying Twit wrote:(Sorry about joining in without invitation)
Everyone's invited, and I like that cover!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Part Deux. Again I have a higher resolution version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Before I go to bed, I had to do at least one that wasn't a white background.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Annoying Twit wrote:I have a 1000x1000 pixel version of this if it's any use to anybody.

(Sorry about joining in without invitation)
If I might offer up my fifth of a dime:

What if, instead of the white background, there was another photo/montage/whatever in the manner of Lou Reed's Berlin?

Just a thought.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Nice work, people. Annoying Twit, you are very welcome to submit artwork, as well as anyone else. If we end up with more than one per album, we can still use what we have, no sweat. We can edit them slightly and call them additional gate folds or whatever, you know, just pull titles back off of them.

Whatever you guys want to contribute in any way, just let me know. There is plenty of room to do stuff. If you submit any artwork, please send it to PooF who is the go-to guy for the Charybdis website. He will find a way to integrate it somehow, whether it be via links or HTML code.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Thanks.

I'll think about the covers a bit. I like the "marking time" one. I think the "counting sheep" one could have less white, and I'm going to think how I could "Berlinise" it. I thought the font on the "The Garden of Ashes" one was weak, and have version 2.0 ready. But I'm still not yet happy with that one either. If I think of something I'll have another go.

How do I send stuff to PooF? I don't think pms allow attachments do they?

I'm emailing the artist who drew the hand on "The Garden of Ashes" to see if they will give permission for its use. I'd imagine we'd need to put a credit for it somewhere.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Just PM PooF for his email address and he will sort you out.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

bpmolder wrote:Just PM PooF for his email address and he will sort you out.
Yes, please do. Good to see such quick results on this. And good results, too, I think.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

are you still going to use some of mine if so have you got what you wanted because i want to delete my attatchments
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Duckboy wrote:are you still going to use some of mine if so have you got what you wanted because i want to delete my attatchments
It'd be great if you can match any of your art to the albums and overlay title text etc to complete them. Also we've got the eclipse one on the web site as the front cover of Back 2 Sq 1. Maybe it needs the album title on it. And a back cover. And some inner sleeve art. And... :)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Can we have a summary of what has been done and what hasn't been done, and what needs to be done? I'd like to do a couple more, but I don't want to try and "take over" any task to too great a degree. Though I'd like to do the cover for "Barricades" if possible. I'm producing (slowly) a grid of politicans known at the time, each photo being sepia and distorted into an ugly characterture. Also, while it was said that if two albums get "done", both can be used as inner cover art, alternate covers, etc. But even so, at least at first it would probably be best to concentrate on things not yet done so that full coverage is achieved as soon as possible. Alternate versions could then be a luxury to be indulged in after that.
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

My first attempt at a cover... thoughts anyone?

I'm going on the theme of the passing of time... an ascent... and it's effect.

PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

@Annoying Twit:
We have: a draft front cover for the actual album, Back To Square One. That's it so far.

We need:
- Rest of the art work for B2Sq1 (rear, inner sleeve, booklet, etc.). I don't think there are any hard and fast rules, but Duckboy did the front cover, so it would be good to consult/co-ordinate with him.
- Front covers for the albums listed by Hudini at the top of this thread. So far we only have the (unsubmitted) ones that appear in this thread.
- Any other artwork (eg: we could include poster work somehow - on the web site if not the album).

@everyone:
- Please pm me for my e-mail addy, then you can e-mail me any art and I'll put it up on the site. If you want credit for the artwork please say so and specify name/username and I'll put that up too.
- I don't think we're in danger of duplicating effort at the moment, but even if we do, it's fine. As bpmolder said earlier there's all sorts of ways of using it. If you see a cover on the site and you think you've got something better then post in this thread. I'm sure we can resolve.
- Once again, site is at: http://backtosquareone.bravehost.com/

@BigDim: I like very much