"Back To Square One" Album(s) Artwork

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Re: "Back To Square One" Album(s) Artwork

Post by Duckboy »

okay before i do this sorry to dump so much crap all at once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

12.jpg
11.1.jpeg
10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

15.jpg
14.jpg
13.jpg
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

an eye.JPG
8356123508247-102412412412423452345346346.JPG
345.jpg
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

dfg.jpg
colours.JPG
Circle.JPG
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i like some of those Duckboy 8)
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

ooh thanks oz i see your comment nested in there, these are old though and i will need to make new ones or at least edit them a bit to fit the albums more
Smoke2.jpg
Psychadelic Blanket.jpg
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Water.JPG
1500x500.JPG
Smoke5.jpg
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

yes - i see there are a couple of old favorites there 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Wonderful stuff, Duckboy! :D

I think all of those could be used to fit in somewhere.

@ Twit:
I received the "Barricades" titles, but I think I'll finish the cover by Monday. Forgive me for being lazy.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Hudini wrote:Wonderful stuff, Duckboy! :D

@ Twit:
I received the "Barricades" titles, but I think I'll finish the cover by Monday. Forgive me for being lazy.
No problems.

With all the "product" that Duckboy has posted, many of which have a dark background, and no titles, perhaps they could be used for the BTSO booklet. The theme could be a black page with graphics for each song, choosing different graphics for different songs. Glass effect fonts might work well with that.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Annoying Twit wrote:
Hudini wrote:Wonderful stuff, Duckboy! :D

@ Twit:
No problems.

With all the "product" that Duckboy has posted, many of which have a dark background, and no titles, perhaps they could be used for the BTSO booklet. The theme could be a black page with graphics for each song, choosing different graphics for different songs. Glass effect fonts might work well with that.
excellent idea!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

What's the current status of the artwork? What needs to be done and what plans are there for how it's going to be done?
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Annoying Twit wrote:What's the current status of the artwork? What needs to be done and what plans are there for how it's going to be done?
There are a few album covers still to be done, but the most pressing thing is the Back To Square One cover itself. We have a draft front cover, and I reckon anybody / everybody who wants to could use that as a starting point, as we need a full front + inner + back for BTSO. There may be some text like track titles, etc. to overlay later.

There is also the booklet, which could use some of the already submitted artwork, but I'm not aware that much thought has been given to it's layout yet.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

How about if we put lyrics on one side left justified, and various credits on the other side right justified. Then since this is a compilation album, there could be a small image of the album the song came from in the lower right hand corner.

Fonts would be a problem. I've done a mockup of one page, which I'll attach here. I went through tons of fonts on my computer, but didn't really find one that would be suitable. But that could be an opportunity to have a big forum discussion to choose fonts where people chip in with their suggestions. I'm wondering if having different fonts for each song would be a good idea.

This mockup is 600x600 or thereabouts. Compared to the 1000x1000 original (I upscaled Duckboy's image), it's not so readable, but possible, if you squint. What sort of resolution should be the "target" for the booklet.

I'm thinking about having the text be not in straight lines, using paths and "text along path" in the gimp. That might be even slightly harder to read again, but more, erm, suitable for a prog band :)