Charybdis - Spoken Phrases For Hourglass Suite

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Charybdis - Spoken Phrases For Hourglass Suite

Post by Hudini »

Annoying Twit wrote:I can speak Japanese if that helps.
Just a thought:

Maybe we could all speak the same sentence in a variety of languages? I volunteer for Serbian. 8)
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hudini wrote:Maybe we could all speak the same sentence in a variety of languages? I volunteer for Serbian. 8)
No, you have to do Korean! :lol:

That's a good idea though. I tend to favor the idea of random madness interspersed with deep and philosophically brilliant stuff, occasionally jumping over that fine line between genius and insanity. I think it would be an extension of the DSOTM theme, taking it to the next inevitable phase.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

bpmolder wrote:No, you have to do Korean! :lol:
No problem, unless there's a real Korean around. :lol:

I also had some ideas for spoken phrases in an "insanity and genius" feel. Maybe I could get them recorded and mailed to you, as soon as possible.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

geoff, i'd be happy to contribute to this, but i'm a bit mystified as to what you're looking for exactly. do you want someone to ramble aimlessly about whatever happens to cross their mind? would you like me to read you a bed time story? or maybe passages from the i ching? tell me, my friend, how can i be of assistance? :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hell, Mr. DJ, I'm mystified myself at this point. :lol: It's a matter of everyone deciding how this is going to go. They are still kicking around a lot of ideas so I'm not sure what's what yet. I am leaving it up to the people. I am going to venture to say though, at this point, that anything goes and if anyone wants to contribute anything they think would be cool, I would love to sample it.

So if you want to record yourself saying whatever, maybe in different voices, that would be pretty cool. We can never have too much, really. Some might end up hitting the cutting room floor, but the more ideas and samples we have, the better.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

bpmolder wrote:We can never have too much, really. Some might end up hitting the cutting room floor, but the more ideas and samples we have, the better.
oh, be careful what you wish for. i talk for a living. and i can fuckin' talk. forever. about anything. without ever getting to the damn point. i mean i could just go on and on about the stupidest shit ever without really thinking about what i'm saying, where i'm going, what the point is, or if it's at all interesting to you! :lol:

i think there will be quite a bit for the cutting room floor!

i probably won't have time to record anything until next week. i'll just put myself into a zen like state and record a stream of consiousness monologue. maybe you'll be able to find a few nuggets to use. maybe not.

let me know if you need something specific recorded. i've got a wide range of voices and dialects that i can do so i might be able to help you out with a number of things.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

You're the man, David. I'd love to hear the randomness you can come up with. If there is anything else, more specifically, that anyone feels like adding, I'm sure you could handle it too.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

okay geoff, i just emailed you about 8 minutes of pointless nonsense. have fun sorting through it!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Got it. Thank you. I have received recordings from David and Annoying Twit. Anyone else who wants to contribute is welcome to. I won't start editing until everyone gets their pieces in.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:
Hudini wrote:Maybe we could all speak the same sentence in a variety of languages? I volunteer for Serbian. 8)
No, you have to do Korean! :lol:

That's a good idea though. I tend to favor the idea of random madness interspersed with deep and philosophically brilliant stuff, occasionally jumping over that fine line between genius and insanity. I think it would be an extension of the DSOTM theme, taking it to the next inevitable phase.
Then I'm taking Estonian 8)

And thus the new suggestion would be in it:

"Ajad muutuvad, muutuvad ka inimesed. Kui varem olin pisike poiss, siis praegu olen juba noormees, päris kasvanud ja... Aga siiski veel pikk elutee ees :) " -
"Times change, and people change, too. If before I was a little boy, then now I am a youngster, pretty grown-up and stuff... But still yet a long lifeline is in front :) "
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Maybe I should do a search on "Mosespa's Chicken" and just read that :lol: :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

moom wrote:"Ajad muutuvad, muutuvad ka inimesed. Kui varem olin pisike poiss, siis praegu olen juba noormees, päris kasvanud ja... Aga siiski veel pikk elutee ees :) " -
"Times change, and people change, too. If before I was a little boy, then now I am a youngster, pretty grown-up and stuff... But still yet a long lifeline is in front :) "
"Vremena se menjaju, i ljudi se menjaju, isto tako. Ako sam ranije bio dečak, sada sam mladić, prilično odrastao i tako... Ali ipak dug je životni put ispred mene :) "

8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

A brotherhood of nations, Hud 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

That's my idea - having one phrase spoken in a dozen languages can really send a message of brotherhood of man. I couldn't have said it better myself! :D
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

Hudini wrote:That's my idea - having one phrase spoken in a dozen languages can really send a message of brotherhood of man. I couldn't have said it better myself! :D
that's got me thinking. in 1977, a gold record was attached to the voyager space probe. among other things on the record are greetings in 55 different languages. those greetings can be downloaded here:
http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/ ... uages.html

i believe that these recordings are in the public domain. maybe geoff could download them for use in hourglass suite.

"hello from the children of planet earth"

"nanu, nanu" :D