Charybdis Website Stuff

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Charybdis Website Stuff

Post by PooF »

Can't resist opening a new topic every now and again! This is for everything that should find its way onto the website and also possibly onto the album (booklet, etc.)

Back To Square One track notes for starters. We have several completed tracks. It would be good to get the details up: players, instruments, production, even acknowledgments (e.g. I'd like to thank my cat - sorry bpmolder, just being facetious!).

But, this moves us on to an 'important decision'. What are we going to use as band names? Real names of people who played on the tracks, or 4 or 5 made up Charybdis band member names to which we assign various contributions, or wot? How many real players are actually involved to date, anyway?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Charybdis Website Stuff

Post by bpmolder »

Well I WOULD like to thank my cat. He helped me come up with some pretty good chord progressions. Will that be a problem? :lol:

Seriously, though, I entered the track info into the song info boxes as I was uploading them, but the info doesn't always stream across the music player like it should so I will copy and paste the info for both the demos and the final tracks and email it to you as a text document attachment that you can copy and paste into the site as you see fit.

Whatever names you guys want to use will be fine besides what we already have listed on the track info. I really don't have any preferences.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

I notice someone called Anjanine has posted in the website guestbook, wanting to know who the Anjanine in the song is. I've pm'ed this fantastic news to Massed Gadgets.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

PooF wrote:But, this moves us on to an 'important decision'. What are we going to use as band names? Real names of people who played on the tracks, or 4 or 5 made up Charybdis band member names to which we assign various contributions, or wot?
What I was thinking is that we should really make up four or five names for Charybdis members, and then credit the songs to them in the booklet. We should start by defining which one of them plays what, who is the singer etc. and then decide which ones will be credited for which songs in order to make it as authentic as we can.

And then, on the last two pages of the booklet, we should write a little story on how we got to the idea of making a best of album by a virtual band and credit the real people for their contribution to the songs and artwork. Something like "If you actually though Charybdis was a great old band... We were just joking! Here's who really made this album."
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Hey thanks for making a new thread! I get really bored with the rest of the forum sometimes and it's nice to come back to this project.

I would like their to be an aura of mystery to this album, hence the fake names. I want people to have to search really hard to find out who the "real Charybdis" are. :D
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Then we won't put our own names in the booklet? I like that idea! :D

Hmmm... Just a thought - maybe each of us should think up a pseudonym to credit the songs and artwork to?

That way we could all be credited for what we did, just under a different name.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Hudini wrote:
PooF wrote:But, this moves us on to an 'important decision'. What are we going to use as band names? Real names of people who played on the tracks, or 4 or 5 made up Charybdis band member names to which we assign various contributions, or wot?
What I was thinking is that we should really make up four or five names for Charybdis members, and then credit the songs to them in the booklet. We should start by defining which one of them plays what, who is the singer etc. and then decide which ones will be credited for which songs in order to make it as authentic as we can.

And then, on the last two pages of the booklet, we should write a little story on how we got to the idea of making a best of album by a virtual band and credit the real people for their contribution to the songs and artwork. Something like "If you actually though Charybdis was a great old band... We were just joking! Here's who really made this album."
Something like this. And I think someone mentioned this also (apologies, too drunk to search), but the covers don't show the members of the band anywhere. Somehow we have to get images of people onto covers. They don't even have to be images of people who have contributed. They could be any members of NPF who want to contribute to the album by offering up their bodies as representatives of Charybdis. Except, moom you should probably represent yourself; let's have some pics of you strutting your stuff!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I don't think we really need band members' pictures on the covers. This thing evolved from an abandoned Pink Floyd tribute project, and we should look at them, they only appeared on two covers and one inner sleeve.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I rather like the air of mystery and believe that it's not necessary to show pictures of a band on an album cover. Besides, I believe this should be totally about the collective. There have been so many people involved in this that technically, we all should have our picture on the cover, which would essentially turn it into another Sgt. Pepper thing. :lol:

I like the idea of the band without a face though myself. That's just my two cents though. I just think it would be better suited the way it is now.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

PooF wrote:I notice someone called Anjanine has posted in the website guestbook, wanting to know who the Anjanine in the song is. I've pm'ed this fantastic news to Massed Gadgets.
Well, I honestly don't know how to respond to that! :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

PooF wrote:Except, moom you should probably represent yourself; let's have some pics of you strutting your stuff!
www.rate.ee/users/moom19

Scroll down, and you'll find some pics of me from Nov 2007 (short-haired for a short time) :)
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

I've update the website to credit Massed Gadgets with original idea / concept for the album; credit rightly given where credit is due.

Now you are famous MG, what about that message from Anjanine? AFIK it is genuine. The public don't know it but this is Charybdis' first fanmail. You owe it to the band and their fans world-wide to respond. Just make something up, anything to get her phone number!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Charybdis Website Stuff http://backtosquareone.bravehost.com

Post by PooF »

I just updated the site to show the latest credits, performance details, etc. Any bads, please let me know.

http://backtosquareone.bravehost.com/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I need to catch up :) Thanks!