New U.S. based Floyd Tribute.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
tdsotw
Embryo
Embryo

New U.S. based Floyd Tribute.

Post by tdsotw »

Hi fellow floyd fans,

Just getting the word out about us. We are a Nine member Floyd Tribute act based out of Louisville, Ky. Offers are coming in from different promotional groups offering to put us on the road here and there so I thought I would share some of our vid clips with you guys. These clips our from out 1st two shows at Coyotes back last November so we were (are) still a little green but I think we did a great job all the same... Here are the clips. Hope you like em...

6 - No posting links to other sites unless Floyd related. Must have made at least 10 posts.

look under video audio.

Website seems to be down. Joy !! Here is a direct link to our promo vid as well as the others... Sorry if I posted in wrong forum at 1st..

6 - No posting links to other sites unless Floyd related. Must have made at least 10 posts.

Thanks

EDITED BY MODERATOR: Please make eight more posts before you post links. The Fun And Games forum is a good place to do that.

--mosespa
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Re: New U.S. based Floyd Tribute.

Post by filthyfish »

Sounding pretty good from here guys, welcome to the mad world of Pink Floyd Tribute Bands, we are many and diverse. Good and Bad, in it for the fun or up our own arses, but we all play Pink Floyd... 8)
Peace and Love.
tdsotw
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tdsotw »

It is a mad world being in a Floyd tribute.. So much attention to detail is needed. We take the approach of using the live versions of songs and mixing bits of those with the studio versions. Our version of welcome to the machine is much like the live waters version with drums and the girls doing backups. It is fun but a lot of work and expensive as all hell to put on since you really need good lighting, sounds and video to make it "right".

It is hard to find that line between good production and being profitable. We do have to make some $$$ and still have a great show... We found from out 1st show that we were a bit over the top and even though people loved it and tons showed up we didnt exactly end up profitable ! Tough balancing act.

Now I just need to talk the guitar player in to buying a Hi-watt, an echorec and a real univibe ! Even though I am the drummer I play guitar (not in this band) as well and I am very anal about the guitar tones !
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

tdsotw wrote:
Now I just need to talk the guitar player in to buying a Hi-watt, an echorec and a real univibe ! Even though I am the drummer I play guitar (not in this band) as well and I am very anal about the guitar tones !
I'd say the Hiwatt was unnecessary and if you want a new analogue Echo unit Pm me a freind of mine makes new ones designed on the vintage ones of the 60s, valves and p2p wiring. http://www.echomatic.co.uk/ which are stunning. Hes very clever.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Cool looking units Mr.filthyfish! Thanks for the link. I've always wanted a Roland Space Echo. I remember having access to one back in the 70's and it sounded great. There weren't many options back then. I still own a stereo spring reverb unit made by Roland. It makes a great Keith Emerson crashing sound when disturbed. Of course, there's springs in the Hammond, too. Kssshhhhh!!!!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

2066 wrote:Cool looking units Mr.filthyfish! Thanks for the link. I've always wanted a Roland Space Echo. I remember having access to one back in the 70's and it sounded great. There weren't many options back then. I still own a stereo spring reverb unit made by Roland. It makes a great Keith Emerson crashing sound when disturbed. Of course, there's springs in the Hammond, too. Kssshhhhh!!!!
His biggest market is the Shadows Fans, you can recreate big loops and reverbs slaps all sorts, they really are spankingly good each one made by hand, he also holds a stock of old "Binson" ones which he reconditions to order