city wakes

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

city wakes

Post by pinkwitch »

hi....
anybody thinking of going to the 'happening', part of the syd tribute in Cambridge???
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Re: city wakes

Post by cwta eugene »

I'm staying as far away from "the happening" as possible. Supposedly, it has been causing mass suicides, both ON the screen for the actors, and OFF the screen for the critics. :lol:

I know what you meant. Wish I lived in the UK. :(
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkwitch »

hmmmm.....
I'm a little confused. its the 1960's psychedelia evening I'm thinking of, light shows an event the early P.F would have played at. So I am being a bit humorless - possibly? But I just don't get your post??? is it a scary film or something??
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkwitch »

oh dearie...
just read the bottom of your post..Seems I am being humourless. Sorry you don't live in the UK..
Pinkwitch
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

pinkwitch wrote:oh dearie...
just read the bottom of your post..Seems I am being humourless. Sorry you don't live in the UK..
oh dearie too...
You had to read the bottom of his post...seems you're being humourless.
I'm also sorry you don't live in the UK..
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

:lol:
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkwitch »

well..in my defence i am feeling really poorly, with horrid throat thing. my eyes hurt and its hard to concentrate. normally my humour meter works very well..thankyou.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Ovde lud jebe zbunjenog. :lol:

There's no way to translate this in English without losing every sense it makes.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, we are waaaaaaaaaay off topic here. Dont want to upset the mod police.

I whas thinking of going in Cambridge this summer couse my friend is teaching there but it whas too expencive. Would like to see the Floyd town in person very much. Maybee next year.
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkwitch »

hey that's a shame. yes must keep on track tho it has kept me amused, whilst my throat has felt like the size of a small country...so is anyone thinking of going then?
theshockofthenew
Blade
Blade

Post by theshockofthenew »

Perhaps, perhaps not. We'll see. It's not so easy for some of us to pick up and take off for a few days despite our devotions. Real life sometimes has a nasty way of intruding on our passions. I'll make the call closer to the event.

Edit: My above post is only a statement about my own contempt for the things that prevent me from pursuing my interests and should not be taken to mean that those lucky enough to be attending the event have "no life". That's just foolish and I would never ever make an assumption like that nor do I believe that to be true in anyway. I only speak my own truths and no one else’s.
theshockofthenew
Blade
Blade

Post by theshockofthenew »

Btw, Pinkwitch thanks so much for starting this topic! Some people on this forum may not have been aware about this event so it was a good call to mention it. Much appreciated! If you do make it there in October, have a great time!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

theshockofthenew wrote:Perhaps, perhaps not. We'll see. It's not so easy for some of us to pick up and take off for a few days despite our devotions. Real life sometimes has a nasty way of intruding on our passions. I'll make the call closer to the event.

Edit: My above post is only a statement about my own contempt for the things that prevent me from pursuing my interests and should not be taken to mean that those lucky enough to be attending the event have "no life". That's just foolish and I would never ever make an assumption like that nor do I believe that to be true in anyway. I only speak my own truths and no one else’s.
HEY!!

WAIT!!!!

Whenever I post disclaimers, it skins people knees and they bitch to the admin about it. Why does THIS guy get to get away with it?

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pinkwitch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkwitch »

Hey thankyou for saying thankyou!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I am so glad that this event is on though regardless of the theft that has occurred. I expect it will be absolutely great and I can't wait to read what some of you who are fortunate enough to attend have to say about it.
Last edited by bpmolder on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.