I'm thinking of remaking Double Core...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: I'm thinking of remaking Double Core...

Post by moom »

Objection - I can not rerecord my stuff :(
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

No worries, Moom. Your stuff doesn't need to be recorded I've still got the discs around here somewhere...just my overdubs.

Which is not a problem at all. :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote:No worries, Moom. Your stuff doesn't need to be recorded I've still got the discs around here somewhere...just my overdubs.

Which is not a problem at all. :D
Phew :)
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Feel free to do what you like with AFTS. It was hardly the 'gem' of the album in the first place, and I don't have the equipment to make it sound any better than I already had, nor the patience to re-record it.
I can send you the multi-tracks (as an Adobe Audition session) if you want to remix and re-master it from scratch?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

What's AFTS? And I hope it's none of our work, I don't wanna get a bad review :(
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

AFTS=Away From The Skies...the track after Magnolia and before Titanic Drill.

Moom...you HAVE listened to ALL of Double Core, right? Not just your own songs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote:AFTS=Away From The Skies...the track after Magnolia and before Titanic Drill.

Moom...you HAVE listened to ALL of Double Core, right? Not just your own songs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I did, i just forgot titles, sorry :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

lol...dig it.

Just a reminder for everyone...there is no deadline set for this project. There's no rush...I'm taking my time on my tracks (I haven't even started yet, to be honest) and there's no reason why anyone else can't take their time and make sure it's as close to where they want it be as they can get it.

Now...if I finish my tracks before everyone else, then there may be a reassessment of the "no-deadline" thing. :lol:

But for now...no hurry. Don't rush. "Nit-pick" it.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

UPDATE BUMP:

I have just discovered a local studio with reasonable hourly rates and incredible access to a variety of instruments. I'm going to be remaking "Come And See" and "Stars" very soon.

Well...given my rate of progress, that still gives everyone at least a good six months from now. :lol:

But, I just want to remind everyone that it's also not mandatory (in my opinion) that anyone else's selections necessarily be redone. I can easily splice my retakes into the lineup and I'll be quite happy with it in toto.

But, if you are redoing your song...I'm actually about to start on mine, so the clock is about to start ticking on a deadline. :D
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

One quibble. I checked the artwork for the booklet last week and I saw that the credit for Titanic Drill says 2066 (Terry Doren). This is a typo. It should say "Music by Terry Doren (2066)". Maybe it's a minor quibble, or maybe I'm being a wee bit paranoid, but I don't want to get into any possible trouble with the band (Twenty Sixty Six And Then) or it's fans. So, if Double Core is actually going to be remade, I would like this one change to the booklet.
TheAirwavesPatrik
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TheAirwavesPatrik »

Hello!

We have re-recorded our contribution No Heaven No Hell for double core
Well, we recorded our previous version in a studio but it was not any good - it sucked because of our untight playing.

If interested to hear our new version: ************************

Where to send it?

All the best! Patrik /Airwaves/

Sorry no links on your first post - you need 10 or more - ids de rulz - Draf.

mosespa wrote:Wouldn't dream of changing it myself. :D

Last night, I pulled out all the discs that everyone sent me of their contributions. I really don't think anyone else will NEED to redo their track (although one person and I are talking right now about their contribution and what else they'd like to see done with it,)...I just didn't want to redo Come And See and have someone go "Hey...he redid his track and didn't let everyone else know so that we could if we wanted to."

Not that I necessarily think anyone would have done that...but I have to look at all possibilities before I act...it's just how I work. :D

So...if anyone WANTS to redo their track, you now have the opportunity. If you DON'T want to, I still have the discs everyone has sent and can just take the track from there.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Nice one, Pat :)