Enigma

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
supersonic2114
Embryo
Embryo

Enigma

Post by supersonic2114 »

Hey all, I've been a member here for a few months now, and am curious as to why I haven't seen much mention of the infamous Enigma puzzle. I've found little tid bits online, but am becoming more and more curious since all that I've found seems to lead me in circles. Maybe that's the point. Any way You guys could you help me figure it out, or maybe we could collectively put this all to a rest here. Anyway Ya'll have a nice day.

Mike Escott

Canton Ohio, USA
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think no one discusses it anymore because there's nothing to discuss.

No answer was ever discovered or given that anyone knows of.

It appears that it was all a bunch of hogwash, anyway. Although I think it was all a reference to PULSE coming out with a complete live performance of DSOTM.

Just my thoughts...your results may vary.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I agree with mosespa. My guess is that the record Co. was involved somehow too just to create interest and hype the record and all that. I mean if you take the time to read all of the posts, it's hogwash as he says. I'm doing this by memory, but didn't the word "enigma" appear on the stage at Giants stadium? that doesn't happen without someone on the production staff knowing about it ahead of time. Obviously it worked because it's still being talked about. I have a feeling Mr Gilmour chuckles whenever someone brings that up.
corduroy41
Embryo
Embryo

Post by corduroy41 »

This seems to be a pretty in depth site about the whole Enigma mystery:

http://folk.uio.no/ericsp/floyd.html

Unfortunately, there are no conclusions from the author as of yet, but I think the Echoes FAQ delved pretty deep into it if I recall correctly. There are a ton of sources for this kinda stuff. Very enjoyable read when you first stumble upon it. It had me so confused and curious. But now, I've realized it was probably just a great little trick that a crew member thought up. Or maybe Mr. Gilmour??? Who knows??? :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I dont think it was contrived but the record industry as the album does have certain themes in about communication etc. What was it... listen, read, think, communicate?? Perhaps the enigma is that there is no end. There is no end to the communication cycle. It is like feedback. The harmonics of the universe!! A never ending cycle of some sort?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

They hid a million dollars that is still not found to this day. ;)