Charybdis Volume 2 - Track Listing

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Charybdis Volume 2 - Track Listing

Post by bpmolder »

OK....I just went over the material we have lined up for Volume 2. According to my figures, we will have close to another 70 minutes of material, give or take a few minutes. Here's what we are looking at track listing wise, as well as tentative order of completion:

1. Jericho (Dan's song)
2. Rip You A New One
3. Anjanine
4. Welcome To The Show (A bonus song that I didn't do a demo of)
5. Blue Dreams Of Summer
6. I'm Not Here
7. The Blues Bus (a moom song)
8. Eyes (another Dan song)
9. Sumerian Dawn (my last written song for this project that is also a surprise)
10. PooF's Interview Segment (untitled as of yet)
11. Possible short Christmas message if we decide to go that route

Most you are familiar with, the others will be a refreshing surprise. Since Jericho and Eyes are already completed and Rip You A New One will just receive extra sound effects and re-recorded serial killer devil vocals, those will have a very short turnover time.

Welcome To The Show is a cynical In The Flesh-esque piece that pretty much says, "Here we are in this big, sold out arena and we hate being here. We hate all of you too. If you are here to see how we will step all over you out of contempt, then welcome to the show." It takes Roger's feelings during the Animals tour and kicks them up a few notches, going directly for the "Screw You" that he more or less veiled to a certain degree. This will just be flat out, brutal contempt for the audience. It's going to be great. :lol:

Blue Dreams Of Summer, I'm Not Here and The Blues Bus are pretty much the late 60's, Piper era tracks. The happening and mind expansion tracks that will either be loved or despised. They are short, direct and simple, fitting the convenient 2:30 to 3:00 radio time frame of that era. Very poppish in ways as well.

Sumerian Dawn will be the monster, a nearly 10 minute epic that contains many guitar solos and very mystical lyrics. It's an art piece. This will take the longest amount of time to complete, probably 3 weeks or so, even though I already have the lyrics hashed out and the electric guitar parts recorded. It was as far as I got before I had to set it aside and bust out a commercial album for those 4 months before being able to jump back into this project full blast.

The interview segment will be from the script that PooF submitted a while back. If Dan is up for it, I will be interviewing him. We will record our own parts and I will edit it all together just like the moom and David Jay video, but this will be simulating a studio quality interview.

So we have all the material we need and plenty of time to complete it. We will have 20 weeks to complete 8 tracks. That's how we are looking. We have managed to jump way ahead of schedule. We now have roughly 2 and a half weeks per track when it was originally 1 and a half. I will utilize the extra time to work out the more complicated tracks and finish the mastering on the second volume.

This also provides us with another advantage, as we will be able to work on most of the second booklet in the meantime. Cruising along nicely. Good job once again, everyone. This is really something we can take pride in. I will do my best to make sure that the quality is and continues to be top notch, rivaling most anything else out there.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Charybdis Volume 2 - Track Listing

Post by cwta eugene »

Sounds exciting! 8) Remember, Hudini is doing a song to another set of my lyrics. I can't recall if we came up with a title for it or not, but it's the song about our Syd-like character hitch-hiking. I'd rather have that see the light of day than the Christmas track, if you need to remove anything off that current list.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Right. I forgot about the one that Hudini is working on, but I was actually allowing up to 15 minutes for the interview segment in case we needed to fill extra space. We can just as easily add another song though. It's no problem at all.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Call me Frank: Ditch the Christmas song idea. Greg Lake might have done one, but Charybdis never did - they never heard of Christmas (as opposed to any heathen festival in a vallee obscured by clouds, but please, no Christmas carols).
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

PooF wrote:Call me Frank: Ditch the Christmas song idea. Greg Lake might have done one, but Charybdis never did - they never heard of Christmas (as opposed to any heathen festival in a vallee obscured by clouds, but please, no Christmas carols).
No wonder why Emerson and Palmer were so cross with him. Now I know! :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Wonderful :D

Am I needed? Just to remind you I'm on vacation...