In defence of Lostplay

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

In defence of Lostplay

Post by moom »

I just received a pm from bpmolder. I hope he doesn't mind...
bpmolder wrote:It has come to my attention today that once again there has been some unfair censoring and moderating here at NPF concerning lostplay and his style of posting. If you disagree with my opinion, please disregard this message or just report it to Keith if you feel the need to. There won't be any need for you to be bothered to read any further in that case. I have already told Keith that I plan on fighting this so I don't care if anyone tries to snitch me out on this one.

Bruce (lostplay) is a perfectly harmless member of this community, one of the few who hardly ever has any conflicts with anyone, save the same few people who choose to stir shit up whenever they can, and you know who they are if you have been paying attention for the past few years.

lostplay is simply different. He doesn't express himself like we do. His posting style is erratic to say the least but it's just his style. There is NOTHING in the rules here that says that a person must type in a certain format, besides when it comes to using all caps.

He has been accused of being a "spammer" because he types the number 9 after each post. This is something that is of special significance to him. It's not meant to just be retarded and clutter up these pages. It's something that he feels strongly about. We all have these things and wouldn't appreciate if anyone, even Keith, told us that we couldn't utilize them in our communications.

So please join me in making a statement. Bruce has been a friend to all of us here. The least we can do to return that good will is to stand up for him, let Keith know in a democratic demonstration that we don't appreciate his whimsical dealing in this matter.

If you are in agreement with this and aren't a spineless coward who wishes to just cover your own ass and continue to be blind to things you don't agree with, if you are not a sell-out, then please write Keith and let him know that you think this is unfair and you wish for him to retract it.

I have done so myself and have even gone so far as to say that if he didn't allow lostplay to be himself, I would start abusing the return key myself.

Please pass this on to anyone you can. There is no need for us to lose one of the few rays of sunshine we have left in this place. Either forward this along to someone or join me in the 9 protest or both. Anything besides chickening out or tattle tailing would be greatly appreciated.

lostplay loves this place and it has broken his heart to be unfairly treated this way after so long. There is no call for it. Don't let the people who are trying to wreck this place succeed. Please.

Thanks,

Geoff

Let me tell you something... People are different, some hurt, some don't. Did Bruck (lostplay) hurt anyone's feelings, at least intentionally? I see the problem is he annoys some people. But hey, one can't be loved by EVERYONE. So some don't like him, but it's THEIR problem as Lostplay has hardly broken any forum rule. He's just different, do you expect everyone to be alike? I'm different as well, I don't follow the majority just blindly. And look at me, I'm still allowed here. So why should Bruce tolerate and be made go!? If you don't like him, simply ignore him, like I used to ignore Alan The My Breakfast. Simple as that! I believe you owe him an apology. Or is "sorry" still the hardest word!? Or is it that hard to accept someone's differences?

Bruce, we, your friends, love you, absolutely! :D Fuck the wankers, resist mistreat, 9 forever!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: In defence of Lostplay

Post by Keith Jordan »

If anyone would like to start a revolution and have the consequences that go with that, then do feel free to object to me telling lostplay to stop spamming the number 9 everywhere. For the record, I didn't tell him to stop posting the way he does in terms of pressing the return key after every three words. I simply informed him about "over-type" so that has been blown out of proportion.

Yes, so.... if you want to start a revolution on the forum here, I will just delete your accounts and ban your IP from the server. Makes no difference to me.

Who will be the first to go? I predict this order for delete accounts.... bpmolder, moom then lostplay.

So go one then. bpmolder... its your move sunshine.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:If anyone would like to start a revolution and have the consequences that go with that, then do feel free to object to me telling lostplay to stop spamming the number 9 everywhere. For the record, I didn't tell him to stop posting the way he does in terms of pressing the return key after every three words. I simply informed him about "over-type" so that has been blown out of proportion.

Yes, so.... if you want to start a revolution on the forum here, I will just delete your accounts and ban your IP from the server. Makes no difference to me.

Who will be the first to go? I predict this order for delete accounts.... bpmolder, moom then lostplay.

Is this an oppression? Are you trying to scare us? Just because a guy posts 9 everywhere, and just because there are people that like him? We like it here, we all want to constantly make the place better, and that makes no difference to you? We're not making a revolution, we're just calling for justice!

Though that return key is a bad thing to do constantly, but making him go.
I did not say you told him to go (Alan told him to), but to let it happen is no better.
I'm just saying let's not be so harsh, that's all, we're friends, not enemies!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

You are going to do what you feel is necessary, Keith, that is for sure regardless of what any of us say. If that's the way you want it then fine. I have no problem with you deleting my account and banning my IP. There will be consequences on your part, as well as on the part of this community. So please make this right before it has to come to that.

EDIT: So I don't get moderated for double posting....

I have no problem with you posting my PM, moom. Even if you didn't, chances are it would have been made public some other way. I'm not mad at you.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:You are going to do what you feel is necessary, Keith, that is for sure regardless of what any of us say. If that's the way you want it then fine. I have no problem with you deleting my account and banning my IP. There will be consequences on your part, as well as on the part of this community. So please make this right before it has to come to that.
I strongly do not want to leave here. Because I love the community and the guys in it.

But... if it goes on... in solidarity with Bruce...

Please stop...

P.S. what Keith thinks is right is not necessarily God's will...
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

moom wrote:
bpmolder wrote:You are going to do what you feel is necessary, Keith, that is for sure regardless of what any of us say. If that's the way you want it then fine. I have no problem with you deleting my account and banning my IP. There will be consequences on your part, as well as on the part of this community. So please make this right before it has to come to that.
I strongly do not want to leave here. Because I love the community and the guys in it.

But... if it goes on... in solidarity with Bruce...

Please stop...

P.S. what Keith thinks is right is not necessarily God's will...
Keith just PMed lostplay urging him to stick around and telling him that he is a valuable member of this community. As long as he is TREATED that way, and the trouble makers are urged to just LEAVE HIM ALONE, no one will have any problems and hopefully no one will have to leave or be banned.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Lostplay is indeed very welcome here. But there is something seriously wrong with the world if one man cannot say to another man stop posting the number 9 on an internet forum! :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Keith Jordan wrote:Lostplay is indeed very welcome here. But there is something seriously wrong with the world if one man cannot say to another man stop posting the number 9 on an internet forum! :lol:
I fail to see the humor in this, Keith, especially after being threatened publicly by you. So what's wrong with a world where you choose to threaten me with a banning for expressing my opinion? I guess that's a double standard.

There are too many decent, moral people here who respect the fact that this place is to do with what you please but still insist that you hold up some type of moral standard.

Instead of being supportive and helping Bruce when he was being needlessly flamed and dragged through the shit, you just had to push the straw that broke the camel's back by complaining about the way he posts. It was the last thing he needed. So why don't you just drop the censoring of the 9 ridiculousness and just let things go on how they were, huh?

EDIT: Furthermore, why don't you urge the trouble makers to stop flaming him, huh?
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Keith Jordan wrote:If anyone would like to start a revolution and have the consequences that go with that, then do feel free to object to me telling lostplay to stop spamming the number 9 everywhere. For the record, I didn't tell him to stop posting the way he does in terms of pressing the return key after every three words. I simply informed him about "over-type" so that has been blown out of proportion.

cmon Keith Bpmolder does need to stop reacting in the overly agressive way he has lately but i dont see whats wrong with someone posting a 9 as a signature if thats what they want to do - as long as they dont just post a row of 999999999s in every thread.

i had a feeling the return key thing had been blown out of proportion BTW.

if people dont like lostplay there is already a mechanism by which they can ignore his every post.

you know i have visited a couple of other forums and this one seems to have a real sense of community about it - lets not spoil it with infighting and meanness.

lets keep this place a fun and pleasant place to be, where all cracked pots and other people are welcome.

are we not supposed to be bleeding hearts and artists?

since i wrote this i see you have taken some action Keith - good onya!

Bpmolder give Keith a break - im sure it was just a knee jerk reaction on his part okay - we all say the wrong thing from time to time and im sure Keith regrets the way he phrased his initial response to this thread.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

oz1701 wrote:Bpmolder give Keith a break - im sure it was just a knee jerk reaction on his part okay - we all say the wrong thing from time to time and im sure Keith regrets the way he phrased his initial response to this thread.
We will never have any way of knowing that unless he says so, now will we?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

bpmolder wrote:I fail to see the humor in this, Keith, especially after being threatened publicly by you. So what's wrong with a world where you choose to threaten me with a banning for expressing my opinion? I guess that's a double standard.
This whole situation has been blown out of proportion. That I find amusing indeed. This whole situation is pathetic. I have never in my life witnessed grown men behaving in such a child-like manner.

Time to chill the fuck out! 8) :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Keith Jordan wrote:
bpmolder wrote:I fail to see the humor in this, Keith, especially after being threatened publicly by you. So what's wrong with a world where you choose to threaten me with a banning for expressing my opinion? I guess that's a double standard.
This whole situation has been blown out of proportion. That I find amusing indeed. This whole situation is pathetic. I have never in my life witnessed grown men behaving in such a child-like manner.

Time to chill the fuck out! 8) :lol:
Childlike? You call standing up for someone who has been deeply hurt childlike? Your ownership of this board does not constitute a right on your part to degrade those of us who do not appreciate your ridiculous behavior here. Your status here does not give you the right to disrespect us like that.

So why don't YOU chill the fuck out and quit being a bully? Otherwise, there will be those of us who children who will be compelled to take our toys and go play elsewhere.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Dictionary:
childlike
(chīld'līk') pronunciation

adj.

Like or befitting a child, as in innocence, trustfulness, or candor.

i dont see whats wrong with behaving in this manner.

now if Keith had said childish.

Dictionary:
childish
(chīl'dĭsh) pronunciation

adj.

1. Marked by or indicating a lack of maturity; puerile: tired of your childish pranks.
2. Not complicated; simple.

i guess that would be slightly more insulting. :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

bpmolder wrote: 1 - Childlike? You call standing up for someone who has been deeply hurt childlike?

2 - Your ownership of this board does not constitute a right on your part to degrade those of us who do not appreciate your ridiculous behavior here.

3 - Your status here does not give you the right to disrespect us like that.

4 - So why don't YOU chill the fuck out and quit being a bully?

5 - Otherwise, there will be those of us who children who will be compelled to take our toys and go play elsewhere.
1 - Deeply hurt? How can telling someone to stop posting the number 9 all over the place hurt someone? That is the most ridiculous thing you have posted so far.

2 - I would never dream of degrading anyone whether on this forum or not. That is not my nature. Who have I degraded???? How dare you assault my character like that. I am thoroughly disgusted.

3 - I haven't disrespected anyone. Again.... not in my nature.

4 - I haven't bullied anyone. I am so chilled out I am in danger of getting hypothermia!

5 - Your point 5 is unjustified given the fact I am neither a bully nor disrespectful. But if you want to leave, that is your business. Obviously, I hope you don't.

I think this foolishness should stop now.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Thanks for clearing that up, oz. Bless you for trying at least. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Telling him to stop posting the number nine wasn't hurtful. It was the flames against him and his son that were. If you were paying attention, you would know that.

Saying that I am behaving in a child-like manner is disrespectful. So go ahead and be disgusted. Hopefully it will prompt you to do something about your behavior.

The degradation was in your insinuation that our expression is pathetic. So in that, your character was rightly questioned.