Exclusive Piper book excerpt

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exclusive Piper book excerpt

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thank you to John Cavanagh and his publisher for agreeing to share an excerpt from the new Piper at the Gates of Dawn book forming part of the 33 1/3 series of classic rock album books.

The book is not another Syd Myth book but an honest and fair view of the album in its 1960's context. A great read indeed! Read the excerpt from below and feel free to submit a question for John Cavanagh in a NPF Q&A session and be entered into a prize draw to win one of three copies of his new book!

>>>-Read excerpt-<<<

>>>-Ask question-<<<
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I'll be getting a copy anyway! :) Looks really good so far-
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I can't wait to read the entire book!
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

I wish I were English :( Excerpt very interesting...
With the forthcoming start of the new school year, I don't have time enough to get a copy from England and spend a lot of hours reading it with a dictionary beside me...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

x-rays wrote:I wish I were English :( Excerpt very interesting...
With the forthcoming start of the new school year, I don't have time enough to get a copy from England and spend a lot of hours reading it with a dictionary beside me...
You heard of the internet? It has translation services on it!! :lol:

Copy text you want to translate from the page belolw,

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/featu ... agh/?pg=ex

And then go to his page and translate. The who page is over the limit for a free translation for the whole page so only half the page is done. Copy and paste paragraphs! :-)

http://babel.altavista.com/

Edit: I imagine you are on about reading the actual book? I just got out of bed, I'm a but slow!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

So for anyone still at school writing a German essay will never be a problem again :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:So for anyone still at school writing a German essay will never be a problem again :lol:
Up to a degree!! Unfortunately, it just translates words and, as we know, grammer between languages is not quite the same so it can throw out some interesting sentences to say the least. The French say a lot of stuff backwards compared to how it is said in an english sentence. As far as I know anyway. I never did do that well in French classes at school!! :lol:
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

Keith Jordan wrote: The French say a lot of stuff backwards compared to how it is said in an english sentence. As far as I know anyway.
Don't you know that French people write from right to left and walk on the ceiling (backwards of course!)
So it's very easy to understand hiden messages in Pink Floyd music... and less to listen to the music itself. :D :D
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

x-rays wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote: walk on the ceiling (backwards of course!)
Only frogs like me can do such a thing! :twisted: