Was Rick left-handed?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Was Rick left-handed?

Post by moom »

my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Was Rick left-handed?

Post by my breakfast. »

I think he was goofing. That is a lap-steel guitar, and impossible to play like that anyway, you need a metal slide.

Strange photo actually. It turns up in the inner booklet for Ummagumma, yet Pink Floyd were not using Lap Steels onstage at that time, so maybe its a studio shot, from the recording sessions to Meddle or something?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:I think he was goofing. That is a lap-steel guitar, and impossible to play like that anyway, you need a metal slide.

Strange photo actually. It turns up in the inner booklet for Ummagumma, yet Pink Floyd were not using Lap Steels onstage at that time, so maybe its a studio shot, from the recording sessions to Meddle or something?
Perhaps it's a reversed photo :shock: ?
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

We watched Pompeii last night as a remembrance. He could play lead lines with his left hand. I believe he had no formal training. That probably would have ruined his style.