Newspaper Scans - Richard Wright's Death

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Re: Newspaper Scans - Richard Wright's Death

Post by J Ed »

I watched the Hans Keller performance of Astronomy last night
Rick and Syd sing most of the song in unison, the camera is often on Rick as he's chanting the words, though its Syds theatrical type movements that are the dominant image
I dont think theres any live film footage of Mathilda, but Ricks voice should be distinct enough to recognise, Ill have to listen to Piper again to see where I hear him singing

Syd and Roger cover some interesting ideas in that interview, everybody talks about Kellers obsessions with how loud everything is, but mostly theyre discussing their transition from a dancehall band to a concert band
they had been performing mostly for dancehalls, and presumably the long freeform jam were suitable for that environment, but they tell Keller theyve only done 2 concerts so far and that theyre having to revise their approach for an audience that sits and listens
Games For May had been one of those concerts, so Im thinking the new appraoch would be more proper songs, as opposed to jams, and a more theatrical type presentation
though the two audience tapes we have from later in the year show them still doing a mostly jamoriented repetoir
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Newspaper Scans - Richard Wright's Death

Post by Syd'sSexy »

J Ed wrote:I watched the Hans Keller performance of Astronomy last night
Rick and Syd sing most of the song in unison, the camera is often on Rick as he's chanting the words, though its Syds theatrical type movements that are the dominant image
I love that video, I just wish it were better quality. That is definitely Syd performing at his peak, and the beginning of the use of elaborate light shows. Hans is cool, he was just a bit out of his genre.

Vy duz it haff to be so terribly loud? :lol: