I am annoyed but I will not leave

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Re: I am annoyed but I will not leave

Post by David Smith »

i don't think any of us need reminding of that
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Which does not warrant her any kind of immunity. People have mental illnesses far worse than she does, and intergrate better with a group of people because they actually make the effort.

Hell I'm sure I could pay a hip young doctor to diagnose my shortcomings as various mental illnesses, but as somebody pointed out in a magazine article I read not too long ago, if everybody gets diagnosed as depressed everytime something doesn't run in their favour, firstly that is a slap in the face for people who have battled real depression, and secondly how would people know what happiness is if they pop pills every time they feel a little bit down?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

David Smith wrote:i don't think any of us need reminding of that
Doesn't seem so.
my breakfast. wrote:1. Which does not warrant her any kind of immunity.
2. People have mental illnesses far worse than she does, and intergrate better with a group of people because they actually make the effort.
Hell I'm sure I could pay a hip young doctor to diagnose my shortcomings as various mental illnesses, but as somebody pointed out in a magazine article I read not too long ago, if everybody gets diagnosed as depressed everytime something doesn't run in their favour, firstly that is a slap in the face for people who have battled real depression, and secondly how would people know what happiness is if they pop pills every time they feel a little bit down?
1. Perhaps patience rather immunity?
2. Some people don't integrate. Can't.
3. That's not the case.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

if she is so annoyed wh ydoes she stay it seems silly

its like i seeing a piece of dog poo and standing in it jjust for the sake of it
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:1. Perhaps patience rather immunity?
2. Some people don't integrate. Can't.
3. That's not the case.
1.Patience on our part??? It is literally years that Libby has swooped down on the forum to tell us of her pain and woes when it suited her.

2. The people who don't integrate have it a LOT worse than Libby could ever dream of having it. I think at most Libby is a poor judge of character, and maybe trusts the wrong people. Her boyfriend Mike was considerably older, so I guess there was a sort of father-figure relationship going on.

3. That might not be the case everywhere, but it is in the richer areas of america trust me. The article I read (I think it was Time magazine?) certainly covered a few things like that. The other thing it mentioned was how ritallin was used too extensively, almost like a food suppliment for a longtime before people thought to use it more sparingly,
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Got an excellent article that explores it here:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the ... -americans
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Great article Dave, just hope moom reads it!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Two points, I don't think Libby is as well as she could be, so perhaps don't knock her too much. There may well be people with far more worse mental illness that her who "behave" better on forums, but that doesn't give us the right to bash/flame her. Even though she does deserve it at times. Secondly, I cant remember now. I did have a second point though......
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Keith Jordan wrote:Two points, I don't think Libby is as well as she could be, so perhaps don't knock her too much. There may well be people with far more worse mental illness that her who "behave" better on forums, but that doesn't give us the right to bash/flame her. Even though she does deserve it at times. Secondly, I cant remember now. I did have a second point though......
Nicely said Keith. Well, the first point anyway.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

moom wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:
3. That's not the case.
3. That is the case. Drugs are being handed out like candy. Doctors are paid off and they are using these people like test subjects. You should feel depressed! We live on an overpopulated,ailing planet. People are hypnotized by the media. Alot of kids have nowhere to go to hang out except for the mall or the street. Anyone can get pills for depression. ANYONE. It's big business and that means NO FUCKING MORALS. The pharmaceutical companies are out of control with greed.

OK. That had nothing to do with Libby.
Libby... environment is the most important thing. And listen to your friends here! This is a special place.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

On the drugs matter, anti depressents create a dependent society wherein they can help one to live with their condition but can not help them get to the routes of the problem. In that respect therapy works out cheaper in the long run, while each therapist can charge a ton for their services the central aim is to get to the routes of the problems and build up new attitudes, so in other words to remove the disorder rather than helping one continue to live with it. End of the day the pharmacutical industry benefits from having constant custom though in much the same way that the tobacco industry does
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Since only Keith and Oz seem to understand me on the matter, I see no reason to bother myself by going on in this topic.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:3. That's not the case.
So, what is the case? You cannot refute somebody else's claim and not go on to explain why you think that way.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

ERROR
This reply was for a different topic and should have been posted in the General Discussion section.
Last edited by Idisaffect on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

"All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.