Depends on who's rapping...
29%
Depends on my mood...
6%

Total votes: 124

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:
moom wrote: where the hell is the rap part there???
Can't stop lose job mind gone sillicon
what bomb get away pay day make hay
break down need fix big six
clickity click hold on oh no brrrrrrrrrrrring bingo
ah, I totally forgot about it, thanx :D. But it sounds good, so fuck it that it's rap
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

I have to say my favorite rap music is 80-90's Red Hot Chili Peppers.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

HeckTo wrote:I have to say my favorite rap music is 80-90's Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I guess it IS the best indeed, this rap-funk-rock stuff...
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

wiped wrote:NWA
Public Enemy
Jurrasic 5

... are all OK in my book .... but this new bling bling , Gangsta Rap is just boring and childish .... awful shit.
Here here!

I still remember hearing Straight Outta Compton for the first time. Great fcuking album.

It takes a nation of millions...and fear of a black planet by PE are 2 great albums.

Proper rap. None of this bling bling shite!
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Rappers used to rap about having fuck all .... now they rap about having too much :roll:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

The Fat Boys' first four albums, Run DMC's first two albums, PE's Nation of Millions, Fear of a Black Planet and Apocalypse 91 are their best work. NWA were great until Ice Cube quit and they had to degrade him calling him BA(Benedict Arnold). The rapping to me was just comedy as far as I was concerned.
However, it became a caricature of itself once Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross, Salt n Pepa, Cypress Hill, Lauryn Hill and so forth came into play. Now, we have too many gangsta rappers like Jay-Z(who is not even a gangsta, he is a record label CEO pretending to be street), Juvenile(a whiny bigoted hypocrite who hates his fanbase(at his premiere he told some fans off by saying f#ck y'all and I hope you die and then proceeded to hit a female fan and then fistfight two white dudes), he hates the US government, steals, kills and ignores his own kids therefore making him a deadbeat dad), phlEMINEM(Porky Pig without its stutter who raps about the SOS), Kanye the Bigoted Racist/Puff Daddy facsimile West(he hates white people folks(he whines when a white person wins an award he is nominated for, bashed Pres Bush, bashed Dick Clark and blamed white man for AIDS) are all a disgrace to rap. Now Pervin Freeloader(K-Fed) is coming out with a rap record, this is now what disco was in 1978/79 TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH, a parody of itself!
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote: Public Enemy's Nation of Millions, Fear of a Black Planet and Apocalypse 91 are their best work
Those are definitely classic albums... I like Apocalypse 91 most. Musically very nice beats & stuff.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I like the basics of rap. I like that way of expressing yourself and I like bands such as Rage Against The Machine. Hell, I'm even quite fond of some of Eminem's stuff (from before he started repeating himself endlessly) and a few Danish underground hip-hop groups.

What I do not like is the Gangsta-attitude where it's all about cruising, doing drugs and picking up sluts. "It's your birthday!". Pass me the last bullet, will you? Most Danish rap either consists of pissed-off bald men in hoodies going "Ehm, yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo!" etc. or absolutely lousy pop-rap with choruses that like "You're too hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!". And yes, that's a direct translation from a song that was huge hit here a while ago. So, all in all, my opinion depends on who's rapping.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

rap is crap if you like to flap like crap of flab in your drap clothes

i made that up and rap is C-rap 50 cent a big pervert all they sing about is homies whores and drugs and shooting each other yeah really good role models arent you. Eminem is the only one i can just about stand....
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

*this is not an insult to the mentally handicapped*
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:Retards
Attempting
Poetry
Hahahahahaha!
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

olzen wrote:I like the basics of rap. I like that way of expressing yourself and I like bands such as Rage Against The Machine. Hell, I'm even quite fond of some of Eminem's stuff (from before he started repeating himself endlessly) and a few Danish underground hip-hop groups.

What I do not like is the Gangsta-attitude where it's all about cruising, doing drugs and picking up sluts. "It's your birthday!". Pass me the last bullet, will you? Most Danish rap either consists of pissed-off bald men in hoodies going "Ehm, yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo!" etc. or absolutely lousy pop-rap with choruses that like "You're too hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!". And yes, that's a direct translation from a song that was huge hit here a while ago. So, all in all, my opinion depends on who's rapping.
The gangsta dudes who live by the thuglife die by the thuglife. Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE(be it guns, knives, baseball bats, golf clubs, etc). The new gangstas hate their female fans always degrading them and/or getting into fights/arguments/confrontations with them. Also, they have a criminal record sheet a mile long!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

wiped wrote:Rappers used to rap about having fuck all .... now they rap about having too much :roll:
yeah, this really big jewelry (or whatever) stuff, murders and stuff... yuk, glad Em is out of it
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP IT UP!!!

I enjoy old, old rap. Back when it was a lot more funky. I also enjoy Missy Elliott, though.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

filthyfish wrote:
seamusz wrote:.... I happen to have very strong religious beliefs and would very much appreciate if you would refrain from writting offensive comments on the person I have the most respect for that has ever lived...
Quality Bait!! any takers?
just gotta point out that seamusz retired from here some time ago
and whereas he usually did see things from a PoV I could not agree with,
he was very articulate and a wellrespected member of the forum