Depends on my mood...
6%

Total votes: 124

JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

More than life itself - omitting obvious shit artists, mind

There's a lot of great rap albums waiting to be discovered for anyone willing to take the chance, it's a shame that most people aren't aware of rap beyond chart crap/boring 'conscious' hip hop or jus dismiss it based on those artists

As for gangsta rap being boring: au contrare, ignorant thugs bragging about guns and jewellery and slapping women is immensely entertaining and humourous - combine that with great music/mic skills and you have art that works on multiple levels
Retards
Attempting
Poetry

*this is not an insult to the mentally handicapped*
I love the irony of you levelling an insult at thousands of artists, yet distancing yourself from being seen to insult a social group protected by political correctness. Same difference.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! though i can tolerate MC Hammer.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

JKealy wrote:
Retards
Attempting
Poetry

*this is not an insult to the mentally handicapped*
I love the irony of you levelling an insult at thousands of artists, yet distancing yourself from being seen to insult a social group protected by political correctness. Same difference.
Same difference? What fresh bullshit is this I hear?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with making fun of rap artists. Your opinion is subjective because obviously you're a fan of rap music. Although I find the term "music" being associated with rap to be ironic, considering that rap music is just monotonous, repetitive shit.
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:Although I find the term "music" being associated with rap to be ironic, considering that rap music is just monotonous, repetitive shit.
Come on, surely you can be a bit more original than that, 'rap's not music' is about the most compelling argument any of your ilk has managed to come up with since it dawned on someone that "RAP RHYMES WITH CRAP LOL".
The Gunner's Dream wrote:I see absolutely nothing wrong with making fun of rap artists. Your opinion is subjective because obviously you're a fan of rap music.

I'd say all debates are subjective really, there are no objective moral facts at all...

I see nothing inherently wrong with making fun of mentally handicapped people, compared to making fun of an entire genre of music without listening to it, but one is a social no-go where as one is acceptable. They are comparable attitudes.

Society needs to collectively get a pair of balls when it comes to all prejudices, and stop elevating some above others (i.e. racism) as great taboos. We are all loaded with prejudice, as your opinion on hip hop demonstrates (if you have listened to it, the point stands).

Anyway: rap > non-rap
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

first off, i cant say i hate rap. I do admit that i did go through that "wigger" phase :lol: lol. anyway, nowadays, i listen to purely classic rock, rock, and metal. however, i do have respect for only a few rappers: 1)2Pac (RIP) 2)Eminem (His early stuff was the shit) 3) and the Game

other than that, rap sux
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

All this rapping hating is uncool :(

nah i don't really care, just a lot of you have really stupid reasons and haven't bothered to find better rap.
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

DBlaze wrote:"wigger"
One of the worst words ever invented.
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

Whoever recommended Dalek in this thread - Jesus, I take my hat off to you - what a feckin' dope band.

Even samples Ali Akbar Kahn, no cheesy Ravi Shankar loops here, Ali Akbar Kahn, a G that knows his Indian shit...

DBlaze wrote:however, i do have respect for only a few rappers: 1)2Pac (RIP) 2)Eminem (His early stuff was the shit) 3) and the Game
Lol, rap's Phil Collins figures...
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

pompeii purple wrote:
DBlaze wrote:"wigger"
One of the worst words ever invented.
although i was the one using it, i totally agree
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

Yeah, I know you were the only one. Sorry. But I've heard it too many times at work.
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

pompeii purple wrote:Yeah, I know you were the only one. Sorry. But I've heard it too many times at work.
heh lol its ok. i was CALLED it in what seems like a distant past. in reality it was only about a year n a half ago :lol:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Rap has become a parody of itself. Kids these days think Ludicrous, Juvenile and so forth are real MCs, they are a joke! Everyone and their mother doing rap songs is stupid. Eminem is a whiny little bastard who loves money and DETESTS his fans.

Kevin FederSWINE releasing a RAP ALBUM is a sign that rap has WORN OUT ITS WELCOME A LONG TIME AGO. The rappers are hypocrites. They claim they are retiring but the MONEY calls them back to support their drug, hustling and pimping habits.

Alot of the older rappers should have retired in their 30s but nevermind! No one will take a 40 year old rapper seriously. Seeing Dr Dre rap now is a JOKE! Eminem is no longer popular as the old cliche "overexposure" destroyed him.
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:Rap has become a parody of itself. Kids these days think Ludicrous, Juvenile and so forth are real MCs, they are a joke! Everyone and their mother doing rap songs is stupid. Eminem is a whiny little bastard who loves money and DETESTS his fans.

Kevin FederSWINE releasing a RAP ALBUM is a sign that rap has WORN OUT ITS WELCOME A LONG TIME AGO. The rappers are hypocrites. They claim they are retiring but the MONEY calls them back to support their drug, hustling and pimping habits.

Alot of the older rappers should have retired in their 30s but nevermind! No one will take a 40 year old rapper seriously. Seeing Dr Dre rap now is a JOKE! Eminem is no longer popular as the old cliche "overexposure" destroyed him.
YES!!! THANK YOU!!!
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

Rock fans these days judge rap by the shitty mainstream. Just don't, it's like judging rock by Phil Collins...
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

JKealy wrote:Rock fans these days judge rap by the shitty mainstream. Just don't, it's like judging rock by Phil Collins...
Yes! rock fans have the stupidest sense of elitism when it comes to rap. It almost comes off as racist when they say all rap is hedonistic shit, when they don't even try to find the artistic side of rap and make a good judgement. But then I remember that most people who hate rap have pitifully boring tastes in music and I shouldn't care what they say in the first place :D