29%
Depends on my mood...
6%

Total votes: 124

The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I think that "old skool" 80's rap is rather listenable. Some pretty funny lyrics, as well as rather catchy music. The only rap I really don't like is the whole "kill white people" genre, where pretty much all the lyrics obscenely condemn white people. Of course, that IS freedom of speech...

Oh, and I hate that generic mainstream rap sound too
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

I HATE IT, I HATE
-rap
-hip-hop
-pop
-dance
-tehno
-new beat

Infact I hate most except:rock, blues, sometimes jazz.

And I like Blues becouse Rock was inspire dy Blues
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

Is it just me or are most continental Europeans incredibly aggressive when it comes to music outside of their plastic bubble? Obvious exceptions, mind...
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

rap = crrap

anyone heard the song ridin dirty by some/another wannabe gangster muppet called chamillonaire :?

he a very annoying person and the song is a bit catchy but i still hate this genre :oops: :twisted: :evil:
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

Do I like Rap?

No!
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

[quote="azza200"]

anyone heard the song ridin dirty by some/another wannabe gangster muppet called chamillonaire :?
quote]

I think that song was quite good compared to all of the other mainstream songs out now. Most mainstream rap sux and there's no doubt about that. But I think artists like Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco and Chamillionaire are pretty good
willy66
Embryo
Embryo

Re:

Post by willy66 »

JKealy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:06 pm More than life itself - omitting obvious shit artists, mind

There's a lot of great rap albums waiting to be discovered for anyone willing to take the chance, it's a shame that most people aren't aware of rap beyond chart crap/boring 'conscious' hip hop or jus dismiss it based on those artists.

As for gangsta rap being boring: au contrare, ignorant thugs bragging about guns and jewellery and slapping women is immensely entertaining and humourous - combine that with great music/mic skills and you have art that works on multiple levels, plus they do look good wearing silk Durag. And I intend to buy durag for myself.
Retards
Attempting
Poetry

*this is not an insult to the mentally handicapped*
I love the irony of you levelling an insult at thousands of artists, yet distancing yourself from being seen to insult a social group protected by political correctness. Same difference.
I completely agree with you that there are a lot of great rap albums out there that deserve more recognition. It's a shame that rap is often dismissed based on the few artists that make it into the charts or appear to be conscious hip hop.

As for gangsta rap, I think it can be very entertaining and humorous, when done right. It's not just about bragging about guns and jewellery and slapping women, it can be clever and thought-provoking as well. Plus, the fashion is great too!

I think your comment about "retards attempting poetry" was a bit harsh. It's true that some rap does come off as amateurish or poorly written, but I think it's important to give credit where it's due and recognize that some of the best rap out there is incredibly clever and well-written.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you like rap?

Post by Keith Jordan »

I love the old school rap. It's very entertaining. 8)
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Beatstie boys = great hip hop band with a lot funny lyrics, Public Enemy rap pioneers with very good lyrics, Cypress hill superb acid-hip hop rap bend, Roots great rock-hard core hip hop band with legendary album Game theory, Tricky great psychedelic artist as one of the members of legendary trip hop band Massive attack ... I recommend anyone to listen Massive attack album called Mezzanine since it will blow your mind just like DSOTM ... They are not far from DSOTM at all = real psychedelic as Tricky ... Fat boy slim is also fantastic and you have numerous other DJs ... You cannot compare any artist I have mention to mainstream rap shit like 50 cent or Eminem and others ...

Here take a look at this one:

https://youtu.be/u7K72X4eo_s
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

One of my favourite hip-hop songs, 'Greyhound' by De La Soul. Includes a great sung chorus by Usher, for those who get bored waiting for an accessible melody.

https://youtu.be/946HNu5YlNM
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Good to see that Young MC is still releasing new music, though his career doesn't seem to have gone smoothly in some ways.

In an interview, Young MC (Real name: Marvin Young) said that after a nostalgia concert tour he was on, someone commented that 'Young MC isn't young any more'. Maybe he's referring to that here:

'I'll rhyme until I get my pension
It's like my contract extension'

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpY-i1NFQd8