Syd Barrett "Golden Hair" - cover version - Comments needed!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
pato26473
Axe
Axe

Syd Barrett "Golden Hair" - cover version - Comments needed!

Post by pato26473 »

Hi, I've recorded a cover version of Syd Barrett's excellent "Golden Hair". I'd like to receive your comments, as it's one of the first "decent" attemps I've been able to create with my keyboard.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Patricio

It's also here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LV4Q8Z7B
pato26473
Axe
Axe

Re: Syd Barrett "Golden Hair" - cover version - Comments needed!

Post by pato26473 »

Hi, it's me again, in case you cannot download the file from Megaupload, I've uploaded it at Rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/155536591/0 ... r.mp3.html

Thank you very much

Patricio
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Very nice. 8)

You shall have to get yourself a microphone and do some vocals next!! :D
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I see you are from Argentina. I am always amazed at the number of South American Barrett fans... also all the Italian Barrett fans... its amazing how he impacted so much in countries he never visited.
pato26473
Axe
Axe

Post by pato26473 »

Thanks for your quick comments!

Syd Barrett's influence on music is very much taken into consideration here, as long as many others who, like him, shaped the foundations of massive rock groups. All of us Argentine fans of Pink Floyd were extremely happy to at least be able to watch Roger Waters performing twice (in 3 shows, two different years, 2002 & 2007) here in Buenos Aires. Needless to say, we would also have loved to watch David Gilmour's leading Pink Floyd, or, at least, his recent tour with the Great Richard Wright. After the recent unfair and sad event we all suffered, I should say that we hope to see at least one more show with David Gilmour (or Roger Waters) here again.

As for the cover, I tried first to replicate the chords, but due to my initial knowledge of playing music, I decided to use arpeggios, in order to accomodate the timing of the song to "my" timing properly. I added an introduction (the one that is somehow connected to another excellent group, Camel), then a bridge by substituting chords, and finally a change on the main lick of the song. When I listened to it, I thought "this song should be much longer, because it's beautiful".

I'll let you know if I'm able to create another cover. Now I'm working on a couple of songs from Pink Floyd, so, you may be hearing more stuff from this part of the world!

Best wishes to all,

Patricio