NYE gig ideas?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Blade
Blade

NYE gig ideas?

Post by 0010 »

My Floyd tribute band, The Second Scene, will be playing a New Year's Eve gig back at the Brig in Troy, Ohio. You are cordially invited to come out of course, but I am really posting for ideas for the show. Seems to me we should do something special for a NYE gig but I am not sure what. We are not ready to do a full blown The Wall performance which is what I originally thought to do. Anyone got any cool ideas or know of a set that the Floyd may have performed on NYE somewheres? Also what to play at midnight? Wish You Were Here? Time?

So many questions... 8-[ Thanks for your help!
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Re: NYE gig ideas?

Post by davidjay »

you gotta play "time" at midnight!
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

what do you guys think of this setlist?

Set 1 (10 - 11:30 p.m.)
Hey You
Have a Cigar
Young Lust
Astronomy Domine
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Wish You Were Here
Learning to Fly
What Do You Want From Me?
Pigs
Breathe
Us & Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Set 2 (12:00– 1:30 a.m.)
Time
Money
One of These Days
Echoes
Nobody Home
Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do
Mother
In the Flesh
Thin Ice
Another Brick in the Wall
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

I'd say you are gonna be tired after a three hour set!
Good Luck, I am playing with my Tribute tomorrow in Swindon,http://www.justfloyd.co.uk (UK) and I have a broken finger on my left hand, so some of it might be a tad tricky! [-o<
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

filthyfish wrote:I'd say you are gonna be tired after a three hour set!
Good Luck, I am playing with my Tribute tomorrow in Swindon,http://www.justfloyd.co.uk (UK) and I have a broken finger on my left hand, so some of it might be a tad tricky! [-o<
Yes it is exhausting. But exhausting in a fun way! So what instrument will you be attempting to play with a broken finger? Last gig I got a helluva cramp in my arm whilest drumming One Of These Days and I had to play through 2 more songs in the set after that (including Pigs!). It was not so pleasant. But I sure do wish you luck at your gig! Hopefully all goes well.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

0010 wrote:
Yes it is exhausting. But exhausting in a fun way! So what instrument will you be attempting to play with a broken finger? Last gig I got a helluva cramp in my arm whilest drumming One Of These Days and I had to play through 2 more songs in the set after that (including Pigs!). It was not so pleasant. But I sure do wish you luck at your gig! Hopefully all goes well.
I front the band, so guitar and vocal, it'll be painful, but i've had worse, I sliced thorugh a tendon on the same hand earlier in the year! I've run through most if it tonight and It'll be ok, I've fractured the main joint on the middle finger, rock climbing two days ago! Goes with the territory.