Left...Forward to Triangle 2, somebody?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Left...Forward to Triangle 2, somebody?

Post by cwta eugene »

The thread title is just a joke on the "Right...Back To Square One, Anybody?" thread title. I was feeling a bit nostalgic tonight and went and re-read some of the early posts in that thread. It seemed to have alot of momentum and everybody was way excited....then.....it seemed to dwindle to just a few. What happened? I know Geoff is gone, and his contributions cannot be overstated, but Massed Gadgets, Mosespa, and Filthyfish have done great stuff as well in the producing realm. I'm ready for a reason to come back to this site! Therefore, let's continue on with Square One -OR- let's do something new. A second Double Core perhaps? Let's just do something! Too much musical talent in here to let it go to waste!!!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Left...Forward to Triangle 2, somebody?

Post by PooF »

cwta eugene wrote: I know Geoff is gone
Is this true? I thought he was recuperating and planning to come back.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Last I'd heard, he still had a bit of "doctor's orders" to follow, but that he was planning to return and resume Square One.

I still haven't started on my Double Core redux songs...so if anyone else feels like they're dragging ass, don't let it get you down. You're not the only one. :D

I've have been playing around with seeing what I can do with the raw tracks of Away From The Skies, though; and I'm getting pretty jazzed about how it's starting to sound already.

I know I've already started a topic for the Double Core redux, so anyone who wants to can respond there, but if there's anyone who's fine with the versions of their songs as they appeared in the original version, let me know so that I can dig the discs back out:)
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

Well I don't know, I only have Mortality and a few bits and bobs on my HD, so If all our work on the other tracks is never going to get to a finished position, then we need to look at making sure no one person has autonomy over the project. If we can find a way to do that I am in.
Dan
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hmmm...if it can be decided which songs are from which album, then we could have some of the albums as having a different "producer" than other albums. Those can be divided up by "eras" of the band's history...and if each "era" has a different producer, then several different people could portray the different producers and take on the relevant songs.

Did any of that make sense? :)
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Of course you make cents. Even when you're making scents. :D
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

mosespa wrote:Hmmm...if it can be decided which songs are from which album, then we could have some of the albums as having a different "producer" than other albums. Those can be divided up by "eras" of the band's history...and if each "era" has a different producer, then several different people could portray the different producers and take on the relevant songs.

Did any of that make sense? :)
It does, and it would be a way to split the load between 3 or 4. But I think we need to do a bit of an audit to find out how much we have of each track - bpmolder was involved in several of them and the original composer/musician/whatever may not have everything. This thread started as a bit of an irony, but if we all listed what we have here compared to what we know was supposed to be final, we could go from there - maybe!

I hope that does not make mense, 2066 :)