Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
10%
21%
28%
20%
1- Worst
21%

Total votes: 143

Velve Jones
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Velve Jones »

I know this album gets kicked around a bit but I happen to be incredibly fond of this record. I was glad we were getting anything Pink Floyd at all. Perhaps a glorified David Gilmour solo album I still accept it as a proper Pink Floyd album which it is. Another unpopular opinion is that One Slip is my favorite track on the album. Naturally it isn't Animals, WYWH, The Wall or DSOTM but it is welcome in my collection.
Mr_Evil_Breakfast
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mr_Evil_Breakfast »

I couldn't listen to this album for the longest time; due to the awful 'drenched' production.
But now, having got the remix CD, it's -significantly- easier on the ears.
Sure; Learning to Fly & Dogs of War remain gawd awful, but the Yet Another Movie > Sorrow sequence benefits, hugely, from the remix; and redeems the album. in a way that Wearing the Inside Out > High Hopes doesn't.
Last edited by Mr_Evil_Breakfast on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Velve Jones wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:49 pm One Slip is my favorite track on the album.
Same. A local AOR station was playing it in rotation at the same time as "Learning To Fly." It's the song that made me decide to buy the album.
Velve Jones
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Velve Jones »

mosespa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:40 pm
Velve Jones wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:49 pm One Slip is my favorite track on the album.
Same. A local AOR station was playing it in rotation at the same time as "Learning To Fly." It's the song that made me decide to buy the album.
I was disappointed that the first release of DSOT did not have it on there so I was really happy with it's inclusion on the reissue.
Morty
Axe
Axe

Post by Morty »

I don't hate this album, and over time I started playing it more often then TDB. It's has a better flow, some fun songs and lovely 80s touches. I don't hate the production, I prefer the original over the remix. It's just not a very good album. The lyrics are at times a joke, and the music not very inspired. It's very much the brain child of session writers, musicans and producers. It's not the vision of the band, or even just Waters when the rest had checked out. So it's not a great album in my ears, but I do think it's a fun listen. So mid for me.