Moved: I converted someone... feel kinda warm inside

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Moved: I converted someone... feel kinda warm inside

Post by Piper »

On my dorm floor there's this simple jockish guy (hockey player) who hurt his back and was prescribed a bunch of big horsepills and muscle relaxants by the doctors. Hence he's spent a good deal of time being spaced out, one of the relaxants supposedly could cause mild hallucinations. As a kind of lark we played music for him and I gave him PATGOD, and he came out of the album a convert to Early Pink Floyd even after his drugged state (he didn't actually trip or anything at all).

Feel almost like I did some sort of good samaritan work, don't think I've known many people who grew to like Syd's stuff.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I thought you were going to say you played him "Comfortably Numb" considering his condition! :wink:

Congratulations! It's always a good feeling to know you've opened someone up to some good music.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Oh btw, another one's Pink. :D
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

I made a fan out of Pink Floyd in just two syllables...Echoes. All 24 minutes of it and he was convinced that is the greatest song ever.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I can't make anyone a Pink Floyd fan
Last edited by princessDungan74D on Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Nobody i know likes them much, they're all in to Led Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix a lot more
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

most of my friends think pink floyd is good, but not to the point where they would own more than 2 albums, which i think is fine
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I seem to be becoming the resident Pink Floyd messiah in my dorm, a number of people are borrowing my Floyd stuff.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Tommy wrote:most of my friends think pink floyd is good, but not to the point where they would own more than 2 albums, which i think is fine
Yeah, always nice to be considered the weirdo who likes Pink Floyd a bit to much in school :lol:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

I dont get this move policy. This was moved from General board to PF board but my question about how tall they are was moved to General board from PF board. whats the logic in that?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Stupidus wrote:I dont get this move policy. This was moved from General board to PF board but my question about how tall they are was moved to General board from PF board. whats the logic in that?
Don't remember the to tall thread but i felt this thread was more about Pink Floyd than just a general discussion (which is off course meant to be about anything except Pink Floyd) and so i moved it here. Just incase anyone for some reason particularly wants to read about this sort of thing they can find it in the apropreite forum

Trust me, if you're ever a mod it becomes an imediate reaction to move anything to make it apropreite, for this reason you tend to get a bit picky

Basically this is a pink floyd centred topic so it belongs here :D
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

yeah. i understand why this thread was moved to here but my "quick question" was moved in General board? :? makes no sense.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for/v ... ight=quick
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I recently converted my younger sister to a Floyd fan. She listens to The Wall quite frequently now. She says he favorite songs are Another Brick Part 2 and The Trial (:shock:). I'm about to get her to listen to Wish You Were Here and Animals.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

David Smith wrote:
Tommy wrote:most of my friends think pink floyd is good, but not to the point where they would own more than 2 albums, which i think is fine
Yeah, always nice to be considered the weirdo who likes Pink Floyd a bit to much in school :lol:
oh its great. of course, with my music knowledge im gonna prove to the faculty that i need to be in charge of music for the school assemblys, though i doubt ill get it.....
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Dunno why quick question was moved, though i'm sure whoever did it had reason