Who's the session guitarist in Pulse Concert at Earls Court?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
matd
Embryo
Embryo

Who's the session guitarist in Pulse Concert at Earls Court?

Post by matd »

Hi,

Does anyone know who the session guitarist was that played with Pink Floyd at the Pulse concerts at Earls Court in 1994?

He's wearing a light coloured shirt and plays a light Fender type lead guitar alongside David Gilmour...

I can't see him mentioned anywhere in the credits on the video. I think his style and sound are superb!

I'd really like to know who he is so i can find some more of his work.

Any help appreciated :-)
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

His name is Tim Renwick.
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Yep, he is Tim Renwick. Mr Renwick appears on PF's TDB, PULSE and Delicate Sound Of Thunder (you can listen his guitar solos on Learning to Fly in both live albums). He also was part of the Bleeding Hearts Band that toured with Roger Waters, in the first part of the PACOHH Tour. There he played Bass and Guitar. He also have a solo record.

For more reference on Mr. Renwick's work:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Di ... renw_b.htm
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

He plays a cool solo to another brick in the wall pt2.
matd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by matd »

Thanks to eveyone who replied :-)

This guy is a superb lead guitarist, His playing on 'Learning To Fly' and 'Another Brick in The Wall Part 2' as you mention Alternative 4 is incredible - i've not seen anyone play and make that effect using a plectrum before! :-D

Pulse is the best Music Video and Concert i have ever seen, it makes my hair stand on end every time i listen to it! which is nearly every day! ;-)
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

His solo in Another Brick In The Wall is great,and he even Taps,which was weird for a Pink Floyd song,but somehow he made it fit,i'm glad that was the only time we heard tapping though,it's such an 80's cop out technique.Very un Gilmour like.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Alternative 4 wrote:He plays a cool solo to another brick in the wall pt2.
Yes 8)
kjh1965
Axe
Axe

Post by kjh1965 »

I asked this q some time ago...Now so Im not mistaken ,is this the same bloke on the pulse video playing guitar in a white shirt and does vocals in Run Like Hell?...Hes on the right hand side as you re watching the vid...
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

kjh1965 wrote:I asked this q some time ago...Now so Im not mistaken ,is this the same bloke on the pulse video playing guitar in a white shirt and does vocals in Run Like Hell?...Hes on the right hand side as you re watching the vid...
No. THe bass player guy pratt does the vocals for Run Like Hell.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I hope I don't come off wrong here, but if one has:

The Division Bell CD, the Delicate Sound Of Thunder CD or Video, the PULSE CD or Video, all of this information is contained either in the printed material (in the case of CD's) or on screen after the performance (on video.)
kjh1965
Axe
Axe

Post by kjh1965 »

Stupidus wrote:
kjh1965 wrote:I asked this q some time ago...Now so Im not mistaken ,is this the same bloke on the pulse video playing guitar in a white shirt and does vocals in Run Like Hell?...Hes on the right hand side as you re watching the vid...
No. THe bass player guy pratt does the vocals for Run Like Hell.
Cheers mate for clearing that up..Much appreciated!! 8)