Going Off-Topic In Forum Topics - Be Warned....

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Going Off-Topic In Forum Topics - Be Warned....

Post by Keith Jordan »

When somebody goes off-topic within a thread or posts something to it which does not add anything to the discussion, then this takes away momentum and quality from the threads. This is not good for our community here.

1 - We have threads where you can be conversational in the fun and games section of the forum. Please respect the rules, other users and the community's threads by staying ON topic in all the forums other than the conversational topics in fun and games.

2 - If I notice people continually sending topics off-topic with random comments, nonsense, significantly unrelated posts etc. then you will be issued with a warning.

3 - Any member who receives three warnings within a 7 day period will be automatically banned.

You have been warned. Any questions/comments?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Going Off-Topic In Forum Topics - Be Warned....

Post by PublicImage »

Does this signify the end of moom's posting career?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Does this mean you are bringing back the days of "this list"? Ah, how I miss being on the infamous list.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

No and No.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Keith Jordan wrote:3 - Any member who receives three warnings within a 7 day period will be automatically banned.
How long shall this ban be? Is it a life sentence? HeckTo treatment? Martyrdom?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:Does this mean you are bringing back the days of "this list"? Ah, how I miss being on the infamous list.
Any particular reason why you've completely changed since you came back?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

He is currently banned until 22nd February.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Who?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The Gunner's Dream. He and PublicImage decided to offer the forum a flurry of activity in the way of acting like trolls by causing a potential flame war regarding Led Zeppelin. I have a zero tolerance policy with trolls which involves a minimum one month ban. So let's hope we don't have any others that decide to be a troll.

Considering that the main objective of a Troll is to cause divisions between people and get each side fighting each other whilst they sit back and laugh at us all being pathetic, means that this is the end of the matter and I don't want this issue dragging out like the troll wants.

I wont accept trolls as they ruin the good vibes of a forum and make people not want to visit. We have all put efforts into our community here and I am sure the majority of us do not want it to be spoilt by a minority.

Thank you.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I just use the ignore feature when I care not to read a particular member's posts, or I'll skip over a thread if a member or group of members start discussing something I am not interested in.

I am not sure it is a good idea to ban people for any reason other than threats of violence or spam-esque advertising, but it's not my message board. Keith makes the rules. I will follow the rules, but I will leave if this good place becomes too stale or undemocratic.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

If someone makes the decision that they are going to harm the forum and then carry out a plan of action to do just that, they they will be removed. A few off-topic and spammy posts here and there is expected. Its perfectly natural. This is not the Hitler PFCO board. But actively causing flame wars on purposes and then continuing after the first warning, then continuing in defiance of the first warning and getting a second warning, then continuing after the first and second warning earns the third warning and then the automatic ban. Simple as that.

He was fully aware of what he was doing and what the consequences would be but decided to do it anyway because he obviously thought it was good fun.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Keith Jordan wrote:This is not the Hitler PFCO board.
Truer words have never been spoken :lol:

This is the best place on the Internet for fans of Pink Floyd, and I am sure it will continue to thrive.

Obviously you had just cause and if I were in your position I may have done the same. Like you said, he was warned more than once. Hopefully Gunner will comeback after his banning and stick to resuming his positive contributions while steering clear of what got him banned...
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Keith, I hope I'm not off-topic, but I really found that first paragraph a bit confusing. :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

This one?
When somebody goes off-topic within a thread or posts something to it which does not add anything to the discussion, then this takes away momentum and quality from the threads. This is not good for our community here.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Keith Jordan wrote:... and then continuing after the first warning, then continuing in defiance of the first warning and getting a third warning, then continuing after the first and second warning earns the third warning and then the automatic ban. Simple as that.
No, this one. It's the order that's doing my head in! :lol: