Back to back to Square one.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Back to back to Square one.

Post by moom »

Hey guys, it's been quite a while, do we have a progress?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Apparently not. *shrug*
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Not cool. Wtf.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Idk.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Filthy, you have a word now.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

I think its officially DEAD, lets move on :cry: I have some stuff, but not enough. I liked the tune by the way, its very good, but we just don't have enough material to do anything with.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

filthyfish wrote:I think its officially DEAD, lets move on :cry: I have some stuff, but not enough. I liked the tune by the way, its very good, but we just don't have enough material to do anything with.
How much material do we have :( ? I don't think we really need some 70-min material, - I've always said 40-50 minutes is the optimal length. Maybe an EP, if we even don't have that much?
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

4 tracks.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Hmm... maxi-single :? ? How ready are they?
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

moom wrote:Hmm... maxi-single :? ? How ready are they?
well they are not mastered.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to download them form here http://www.artistopia.com/coldironfusio ... album/5027
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Oh...

I wonder why is it so? Are members not interested anymore? I thought Double Core was excellent.
Parpa
Blade
Blade

Post by Parpa »

I know I haven't been involved in any of this stuff--but I have been paying attention to some of the work produced (Double Core) and think it's a really cool idea to be making music within a community such as this. In any case, I'm always game to roll my sleeves up and contribute somehow if there is a place and a need for it. I have a fair amount of instrumental material--mostly unnamed--that may resonate with some of you--if anyone wanted to build on it--add words--additional layers of music, et al. My recording equipment is a tad dated (Korg D8) but it works. I've played around recording all sorts of Floyd covers from Great Gig in the Sky to Fat Old Sun to Green is the Colour...I think I have a good ear for the sound (if you will). A fair bit of my own material has some of those same characteristics (unavoidably so). Particularly some of the more blues-based phrasings. But anyway--just popping in here to see what you guys are working on. Happy to shoot a track or two over to anyone willing to listen. Love what you guys have done--again, really cool idea!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I also think it's a cool idea...however, I think that it's probably become less-than-possible thanks to some rather unkind things that have been said about Double Core in this forum.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are people who pulled out because they didn't want to be subjected to such harsh criticism themselves...I know it had a little to do with my own withdrawal from Square One.

I think the reason Double Core worked as well as it did was because each song was pretty much the work of a specific member of this forum, rather than an attempt at a forum-wide collaborative effort on each song.

With Double Core, members selected which song they wanted to work on and were free to do with it as they wished from beginning to end.

Admittedly, it was MY idea to try to put together a virtual band and have collaboration on each and every song...but that doesn't seem to have panned out.

I think another thing which nipped this project in the bud was the notion of "raising the quality to professional standards." (This is not a thinly-disguised attempt to slam anyone, mind you.)

Not everyone who might like to be involved with this project has access to professional grade equipment. I think we should keep it "amateur" and "grass roots." That way, more people can be involved...which is the whole point, really.

Perhaps we should take this back to square one again and see who wants to compose/record songs and try the more personal approach again.

It worked with Double Core...maybe it can work again.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

It can work again! I'm not giving up just because there's obviously always someone who dislikes what I do.
And I know I'm not the only one.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

That's not even really the point, Moom. I was just speculating.

I mentioned several other "stumbling blocks." Perhaps you'd care to offer your thoughts on those, as well? :)