Back to back to Square one.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Back to back to Square one.

Post by moom »

My point is that the will is the key. Everything else (and yes I did read your post full) is pretty solvable *insert a smiley here, because Severus won't do it*.
We do give time to sort everything, get all the procedures done.
Parpa
Blade
Blade

Post by Parpa »

I'm surprised to hear this (that negativity and criticism might prevent future recordings/projects). Who cares? Ultimately this is about following your own muse. No one is selling anything here--no one is pretending that this is anything more than it truly is. Right?

In any case, I like Mosespa's idea of a "virtual band" where say 4-6 different people contribute to the songs. I'd imagine we have a few guitar players among us (myself included)--a few decent singers (not my strength per se), a bass player, some keys and some drums/percussion. If we can find a collection of folks with both the desire (will) and the means (EQ) then I'd say...let roll.

Again, I'd love to contribute. My friends and I always record via the internet (someone lays down a rhythm track--usually a guitar maybe with a bass and a tamborine---then converts to mp3 and sends via email--where the recipient loads the track into whatever machine they use--adds their bit---and sends back two (2) tracks--one (1) being a rough mix of what was just added and the other (2nd) track being an isolated track of the "new contribution only" so that we're not continually compromising on quality with perpetually compressed mp3's. If we have all of the "added/isolated tracks" at our fingertips, one can simply do a master mix at the end without sacrificing too heavily on sound quality. It works extremely well and it's a lot of fun----and to hell with the shitters). ;-)

Again, I'm game if you need a guitar player (very blues-based and lead oriented).
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

We've already tried that, Parpa...it didn't work.
Parpa
Blade
Blade

Post by Parpa »

Curious...in what sense did it not work? Lack of technical cohesion (EQ) or lack of will?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

For whatever reasons, to the best of my memory, people just started dropping out of the project...as I understand.

This left the co-ordinator with the (in my opinion) unenviable task of having to fill in all the gaps himself.

I think it would work better if participants either wrote and recorded the songs themselves, or worked out their own collaborations with each other.

Like with Double Core.

Speaking of which, FloydCouncil has sent me some very nice photos which we could vote on and use the winning shot as our springboard for this.

What's everyone else think about that idea?
Parpa
Blade
Blade

Post by Parpa »

Either way. I'd be interested in contributing. I favor collaboration-but I have no shortage of ideas/compositions that I could put forth on my own as well. I'll keep an eye on this space and see what develops...
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I'm still definitely interested in some kind of project (even the last one we were contemplating...or anything else). However, I am gone till the middle of next week, so if you guys get discussing it again, don't take my lack of response as a lack of interest! :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Massed Gadgets wrote:I'm still definitely interested in some kind of project (even the last one we were contemplating...or anything else). However, I am gone till the middle of next week, so if you guys get discussing it again, don't take my lack of response as a lack of interest! :)
And I'll be gone for at least 3 days, or maybe 5.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Back To Square One was being led by bpmolder. He dropped off the face of the Earth (hopefully not literally) - it happens. But that was basically the end of the project.

If there is enthusiasm for a project it might be better to start a completely new one:
- previous attempts to revive it have come to naught.
- there are people who weren't in BTSO who might want to get involved.
- As mosespa said, there are other ways to do a project.
- people who did contribute stuff to BTSO can reuse whatever they have, if they want and if it fits.