Who Is The Ego-Maniac?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Libby74D wrote:I think it is Roger with the big ego. You can really tell that too.....If you ever read the cover for The Final Cut it says" by Roger Waters performed by Pink Floyd".
Indeed. Well look at the Cover of ITF, with all those hints towards the older covers of PINK FLOYD-Albums. It doesn't matter that maybe Roger wrote the lyrics and was the visionary behind those PINK FLOYD-albums,they are still PINK FLOYD albums, not Roger Waters-albums.

Second: i don't think there is a link between Ego andputting your face on the cover of your album. RPITI, Ego is so much more, just take a look at Roger.

Third: What's all this rubbish David is telling us about all that not-new-material that Floyd is putting out. Well, everybody, also Roger, has a profit of it. They are old now, they have tried to live with and deal with their frustrations. Roger by going solo, which didn't work that well at first, but now in 1999-2002 he has finally got the recognition he think he deserves, and look at him now; he is cheering up, talking warmer about the past. David used the band Pink Floyd to prove he could also manage to run a rockgroup, so his frustration are healed as well, so no great need to put the floyd back on the scene.
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

My god! Why can't we end the freaking "Dave vs Roger" thing? For christ sake, how do ANY of us know whether they have a big ego or not? WE HAVE NEVER MET THEM. How can you tell from fucking album covers if he has a big ego or not? My god some of you are very petty and childish.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

enigma00 wrote:My god! Why can't we end the freaking "Dave vs Roger" thing? For christ sake, how do ANY of us know whether they have a big ego or not? WE HAVE NEVER MET THEM. How can you tell from ******* album covers if he has a big ego or not? My god some of you are very petty and childish.
I don't really need to meet someone to decide on my own if they have a big ego or not........the nearly 20 years of magazine and radio interviews are enough for me.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

If you don't have a "big ego", then you're accused of being too submissive or subservient or reticent or humble or modest or a plethora of other things. Seems like you just can't win.

Me, I just don't care. I like the music. And if someone's "big ego" is going to turn me off, then maybe I have the wrong hobby.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Something that I think everyone is overlooking...

Who has the bigger ego? (Using the DVD covers as examples...)

1. The guy who realizes that he might have to put his face on the cover in order that people know who he is?

OR

2. The guy who's pretty sure just his name will do it?
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I think it's unneccessary to prove who has bigger ego and it only causes argue. Even though this would be sarcasm, everybody don't think so.
Yes! There can be conversation and criticism about band members but fot God sake! Does it "change the world" to argue of which have biggest ego?

I'm not angry but I don't understand the point of this thread
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

I agree JML.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

PLEASE PEOPLE, REGAIN SOME SANITY!

Just because the cover of dave's DVD was a picture of him, doesn't mean he's an ego-maniac at all. Maybe he just didn't have an idea for a cover, so he just used something that would work? Jesus christ people, use some common sense before you jump to stupid conclusions like this.
46&2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 46&2 »

enigma00 wrote:My god some of you are very petty and childish.
OUR.PETTY?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Gee, I think I will complain about someone because he complained about someone else, and call him petty and childish.

Oh wait...
46&2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 46&2 »

Edited courtesy of David Smith
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

46&2 wrote:Edited courtesy of David Smith

Okay...THAT was GREAT!!!!! [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-]