Super Audio CD

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
hvolkers
Embryo
Embryo

Super Audio CD

Post by hvolkers »

Hi,

does anybody know other titles than Dark Side of the Moon available on SACD format?

regards,

Henri
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Super Audio CD

Post by Damn!t »

If you mean the Floyd, then no.
Dark side is the only album released in that format.
MeanMrKetchup
Axe
Axe

Post by MeanMrKetchup »

But maybe Wish You Were Here soon?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I wouldn't hold my breath.
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

Hopefully later re-re-re-re-re-releases come in DVD-Audio format or whatever the standard surround sound disc format is.

I still have not heard 5.1 Dark Side of the Moon.
Although I'd like to, I do not want to shell out on an SACD player and hifi system, unless it suddenly takes off as a common format.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Speaking of remixing Floyd stuff, Davey recently said he is considering to remix momentary lapse...to make it sound a bit less dated.
What a waste of time.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Damn!t wrote:Speaking of remixing Floyd stuff, Davey recently said he is considering to remix momentary lapse...to make it sound a bit less dated.
What a waste of time.
Really? a 5.1 mix would be great with some bonus tracks - I read that most people thought the song "Peace be With You" or whatever it is called about Roger leaving was the best track on the album...

Seriously, aMLoR would be well suited to a 5.1 mix, there are a lot of layers to play with.
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

Damn!t wrote:Speaking of remixing Floyd stuff, Davey recently said he is considering to remix momentary lapse...to make it sound a bit less dated.
Well if that includes totally rerecording the drum parts on the album, I am all for that.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

What a waste of time.
I think he should include a few alternate versions of Dogs of War...maybe played live a few times or something. I love that song. Cant believe it didnt make the Best Of album...or did it? It is awesome...so beautiful.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

No, I can't wait for a SACD of Music from/of The Body. Now there's a quality album.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

snifferdog wrote:No, I can't wait for a SACD of Music from/of The Body. Now there's a quality album.
HA HA!! I have never heard the album. I know that I cant stand Atom Heart Mother..and I think The Body has the same guy, Ron Geesin, running the show. Plus, I heard its awful.

I have a very wierd view of Floyd. To me, Floyd started with DSOTM although I like One Of These Days and Free Four and a few others. I dont even like Set The Controls For the Heart Of The Sun....which is wierd cause my oldest daughter, a true non-Floyd fan, said to me one day "Hey Dad, I actually heard a Floyd song that I like...its called Set The Controls For The Sun" and I am like....uh, well glad you found a Floyd song you like.

I took her to see Australian Pink Floyd a few years ago. Just to piss me off, she will say things like "My favorite Floyd song is Learning To Fly and also that song with the bells (High Hopes). She actually likes these songs but she also likes to say it just because she knows it pisses me off because I have taught her well that those arent really Pink Floyd songs. Children can be so evil when they are teenagers. :lol:
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

snifferdog wrote:No, I can't wait for a SACD of Music from/of The Body. Now there's a quality album.
I think musicfromthebody would be excellent in 5.1 - I am not joking - it has sooo much that would sound great being panned around the head!!!!
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

What a waste of time.
Perhaps Roger should think of remixing KAOS also. He could add in the missing tracks too.
With less 80's production and the complete story there, it could become the classic that it really should have been [-o< .
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

kitkat wrote: Learning To Fly and also that song with the bells (High Hopes).... those arent really Pink Floyd songs.
you are really persistant in your bashing of post waters floyd arent you?
Legally they ARE Floyd songs, just becouse you may not like them, does not make it not Pink Floyd.
I am going to make it easy on myself and place you on my block list so I dont have to waste time with your spouting off with more anti Gilmour vermin.
Sorry to say, but Floyd was more then just Waters.