Unreleased Syd Barrett song from late 70's "Crazy Man"

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Re: Unreleased Syd Barrett song from late 70's "Crazy Man"

Post by thehumanzoo »

I would love for (good quality) additional Syd Barrett material to be released, but I'm afraid that this would require some more authenticity. Not only is the sound of the music questionable, but but I cannot believe that a substantial number of recording sessions would not have been uncovered by the numerous Floyd and Syd biographers and encyclopediae and known about.

Whilst I am prepared to keep an open mind, there is only enough information available to conclude that this is not Kosher. Sorry.

Btw, $10,000 does not seem very much for 14 unheard of Syd Barrett songs (a CD's worth) knowing how much of a cult figure he still is and how many people would gladly pay a lot more for ownership of such things. You could buy 20 Barrett branded photocopiers for that...
GhostStar
Embryo
Embryo

Post by GhostStar »

i told the collector a lot of people dont think its syd, and i think its clear that many would rightfully question it because of the quality and the fact its years after his last recorded work so his sound and style had changed a bit. the tapes may actually date from the early 80's, but perhaps he had the tapes given to him in in the late 70's. the fellow who is very well known but wishes to remain private verified it as actual syd barrrett material based on the handwriting of the titles writtin on the reels, and a few personal details. he said i may post another because the remastering is going excellently(the tapes themselves sound better than this phono conversion i am doing to get them on pc.) and he is sure syd fans will love it. you may be surprised that a lot of it seems to be darkly upbeat, but there are in particular three really heart wrenching paranoid ballads that are amazing, but i'll wait til you hear them remastered.

here is one more track and the debate will go on im sure, and thats expected. this one was called "Haunted Tree"

syd haunted tree2.mp3 - 1.70MB

it sounds like he is saying "eyes in the window" in the beginning which is what another song is called.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

:roll: :roll:

I am declaring here and now not to return to this thread. I won't give you, whoever you are, the opportunity to plug your own material under false pretenses. If you want to join the NPF tribute section and post some songs there, legitimately, by all means go ahead, but quit playing this stupid "Is it Syd, is it not?" game cause it's increasingly evident that it's not!
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

GhostStar wrote:i just sold the archives for $10,000
You sound very credible. Can I borrow 200 dollars?
shuffles
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shuffles »

That isn't Syd Barrett. Fact.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

The first track was fun, but the second one is nowhere near as promising, and the auto-wah effect sounds like a digital preset on a Zoom pedal. I preferred the lo-fi space rock approach, it had a lot of charm, but this one sounds like someone trying to come up with something Syd-like in a hurry. Next time prepare a few tracks in advance.
CatherineMa14
Hammer
Hammer

Post by CatherineMa14 »

Seriously. Seriously? I don't believe this for a second, no offense.
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

You tricks us! Master tricks us!

Not really, it's pretty clear this is not Syd.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

CatherineMa14 wrote:Seriously. Seriously? I don't believe this for a second, no offense.
Why are you worried about offending someone who would put forth fake Syd Barrett recordings?
CatherineMa14
Hammer
Hammer

Post by CatherineMa14 »

Good point. I take back my no offence. This is not Syd. Go be original and do something original.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

CatherineMa14 wrote: I take back my no offence. This is not Syd. Go be original and do something original.
:D Exactly!
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

How much more of this B.S are you people gonna swallow?? It's not Syd & you should ALL know that. Remember that they were selling one of his guitars on E-Bay & it was a hoax?!?! The price actually climbed to $12,000 U.S. There is a certain number of people on this site, not all of us, but some who just don't get it with their stupid jokes, belittlement of Syd & even the hatred of all things Roger Waters. This is suppose to be a mellow site & there's no problem with people who have a difference of opinion. We are all entitled to that. When it turns vicious, ignorant or just plain stupid well, we gotta get rid of these people. I come here to enjoy my self because Syd's music & talent mean everything to me & to some of you this is just a ^^%&%^ game. Fine, just leave us Syd disciples alone ok!?!?! Go to a Lady GaGa site or by Paris Hilton's album. Evidently you don't recognize talent like some of us do. PLEASE.....Leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sonsofthedesert
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sonsofthedesert »

O.K im going to be really diplomatic here, Ive been a Syd Barrett fan for over 30 years,this crock of shit recording isnt even close,anyone who thinks it is needs to listen to Piper and the solo albums for the next 20 years before they profer a non commital opinion on this!!
Just tell this guy ot f--- off under the nearest rock where he belongs,maybe he can fake some recordings of Phil Collins or someone easier to fake!
Good ridance!!!!!!!!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

sonsofthedesert wrote:crock of shit
Exactly.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

oldperfume wrote:How much more of this B.S are you people gonna swallow?? It's not Syd & you should ALL know that
Did you even read the posts above you? No one fell for this crap.