A new Syd/Floyd footage

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

A new Syd/Floyd footage

Post by zag »

An undocumented movie from "Dope" contains 17 seconds of Floyd footage !
http://www.dopethemovie.net/

Here´s the clip (an avi file)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j6oh14

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3drKYQAehU
Last edited by zag on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Re: A new Syd/Floyd footage

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

I uploaded that, heh. The 17 sec clip is from the trailer. Apparently the movie contains a 2 minute clip. Hopefully someone will get the longer version soon.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

It sure was hot in there :d

Imagine Usher doing an LSD version of Hott In Herre (or whatever it's called...) :lol:
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

moom wrote:It sure was hot in there :d

Imagine Usher doing an LSD version of Hott In Herre (or whatever it's called...) :lol:

You mean Nelly?? :-; \:D/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Yeah, Nelly. Nelly Usher :lol: Right?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Salmonberry Compendia wrote:I uploaded that, heh. The 17 sec clip is from the trailer. Apparently the movie contains a 2 minute clip. Hopefully someone will get the longer version soon.

I gather it is in the works.
Flame01
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flame01 »

my breakfast. wrote:
Salmonberry Compendia wrote:I uploaded that, heh. The 17 sec clip is from the trailer. Apparently the movie contains a 2 minute clip. Hopefully someone will get the longer version soon.

I gather it is in the works.
]Hello to all -
I am the filmmaker of Dope (shot London '67). My name was then Diane Rochlin (it is now Flame Schon). Sheldon Rochlin (now dead, died '02) and I made this movie together. It is a documentary ostensibly of the London drug scene at that time. The movie is available from me, and only from me, on DVD with a nice case and insert etc. (any downloads you may find are illegal and stolen-and I ask you to respect the artists as you respect Pink Floyd, and do not download it--in fact I would appreciate your giving me any information should you find downloads so that I can attempt to stop it.) You may order the entire 90 min movie directly from me. Email [email protected]
By seeing the entire movie you will then have context--context for the Pink Floyd at that time --and context is everything. Although I no longer have a trailer or streaming video available, you can see stills from the movie on Listal under Boots At Midnight (which was an alternate title we considered back in '68 before settling on "Dope") and also on Listal under "themoviedope".
You can read a really good article and interview with me in Shindig Magazine Jan'09 entitled "Anthem for a Consciousness" by Ian O'Sullivan.
I can email anyone the PDF of the article with your order. As it says on that cover of Shindig!- "Dope: the only movie to tell the true story of late 60s London counterculture"
And you can read a bit about the movie on its website -- www.dopethemovie.net

Email me --[email protected] if you have questions.

Thanks, Flame Schon
:-;
[/color]
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What is the price of this movie to purchase?
Flame01
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flame01 »

I can send you a DVD of Dope, which comes in a good looking case for the cost of shipping and handling (“handling” covers my costs for materials, paying the person who makes the DVD for me not in large quantities, printing insert, etc.& my time: packing, waiting in line at post office etc & Paypal charges.). So, “handling” is $25. .Within the USA shipping is $1.73, outside the USA it's $3.86

You can pay me through PayPal. l send you an invoice through Paypal after you tell me your location . Once you've paid I can send to you within a day or two.

Please tell me also whether you need PAL format or NTSC?

All best wishes

Flame Schon (Diane Rochlin)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That would be a little out of my price range for now. Thank you for your prompt reply though. :)
Flame01
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flame01 »

Keith Jordan wrote:That would be a little out of my price range for now. Thank you for your prompt reply though. :)
Sorry about that. Please understand that the DVDs are not made in large quantity, and what you get is in a sense a "hand-made" work.... And in order to send package abroad I must fill out customs form and go to post office wait in line etc...so, "handling" means my time+ materials and is quite fair.
Best wishes
Flame :)
Flame01
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flame01 »

zag wrote:An undocumented movie from "Dope" contains 17 seconds of Floyd footage !
http://www.dopethemovie.net/

Here´s the clip (an avi file)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j6oh14

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3drKYQAehU
Hi zag?
If you are the one who's uploaded the clip from my movie Dope, would you please attribute it to the movie Dope by Diane and Sheldon Rochlin?
Thank you .

Best

Flame Schon (formerly Diane Rochlin)
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Flame01, I am glad you posted this. I have been reading about this film a lot...Ron Toon helped inform a lot of people on some other sites...
Flame01
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flame01 »

Hogtown wrote:Flame01, I am glad you posted this. I have been reading about this film a lot...Ron Toon helped inform a lot of people on some other sites...
Hello Hogtown-- <ii>
Aside from Yeeshkul, on which I've posted quite a lot about the film including the article in Shindig, where else have you read Ron Toon's posts on Dope?

I'm hoping some of the Pink Floyd fans on this site will order the DVD so as to see the "scene' in London at that time which was the context for Pink Floyd. As I've said elsewhere "“Dope is dope. The movie is not about dope. Dope is the ground, like the earth - always there."

"Featuring Donovan and Australian artist/dancer Vali Myers, the spectre of underground folk legend Geno Foreman, Marianne Faithfull talking about poppers, Syd’s Floyd in full UFO freakout mode, The Fool and mainlining in Richmond Hill, Dope is the definitive document of counter-cultural life in the capital during 1967."-Ian O'Sullivan, "Anthem for a Consciousness", Shindig ! Magazine, Jan-Feb '09 8) \:D/
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Flame01 wrote: Hi zag?
If you are the one who's uploaded the clip from my movie Dope, would you please attribute it to the movie Dope by Diane and Sheldon Rochlin?
Thank you .

Best

Flame Schon (formerly Diane Rochlin)
Hi Flame,

all I did I copied that link from somewhere and added it in here :wink: