Leigo Järvemuusika tribute to Pink Floyd

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Leigo Järvemuusika tribute to Pink Floyd

Post by moom »

This year, on 14th August we're having an annual festival at Leigo Järv/Lake Leigo, and some famous Estonian artists will do a tribute to PF in the evening that day.

This is what can be found on the festival's official page:
"22.00 TRIBUTE TO PINK FLOYD

Over 200 mln copies of Pink Floyd albums sold is truly a sign. A sign that says music can touch people. Pink Floyd is a sign of how intelligence and depth in music are appreciated and how they pass the test of time. That's how icons are, which PF undoubtedly is.
Scandals and trouble were their companions ever since the formation in 1965, but their music, their messages were all above that. Albums such as DSOTM and WYWH and a rock-opera The Wall - true masterpieces - gave direction to the whole 70s, and are still relevant these days.
PF sounded like nobody else. Their sound was something that never allowed label it. And still, as then, as today, there's only ONE Pink Floyd.
On the 14th August eve Estonian musicians will bow deeply to the rock-music icon, bringing some timeless classics by Pink Floyd to the Leigo public. Those artists include Riho Sibul(a great blues-rock singed - note by me), Vaiko Eplik (Estonian main psychedelic guy - note by me), Kaire Vilgats, Bonzo and Mikk Tammepõld. For the first time will Estonian musicians take up thy Pink Floyd repertoire and play it, rearrange it, and improvise on music that inspires them. The band musicians wil include high-profile instrumentalists, who mostly have been PF fans for decades and still are." (translated on the go from Estonian by me)

How wonderful :D

Yuo can see for yourself
http://www.leigo.ee/en