So What Else Do You Listen To?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
floyd_beatles_95
Hammer
Hammer

So What Else Do You Listen To?

Post by floyd_beatles_95 »

What do you guys listen other than Pink Floyd? I also like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, the Yardbirds, the Who, and Heart. There's a lot of other bands I like but these are the ones that are my faves. Along with Pink Floyd, of course! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: So What Else Do You Listen To?

Post by moom »

floyd_beatles_95 wrote:What do you guys listen other than Pink Floyd? I also like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, the Yardbirds, the Who, and Heart. There's a lot of other bands I like but these are the ones that are my faves. Along with Pink Floyd, of course! :D
Well, we listen to other bands/artists :D I listen to a HELL LOT!

Of these, I know all, but really listen to Beatles, Zep, and The Who.
I also absolutely love Deep Purple, Genesis, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Queen, Van Der Graaf Generator, Magma, and some more from total oldies,
and of newer or relatively newer stuff it's
Oasis, The Strokes, Astra, Wolfmother, R.E.M., The Smiths/Morrissey, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Moby, William Basinski, Sean Lennon, Julian Lennon, Candlemass, Baklava, Dead Meadow...

My Top 5 is
1.-2. Pink Floyd/Deep Purple
3. The Rolling Stones
4. Oasis
5. The Strokes
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

genesis and peter gabriel
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Enormous amounts of stuff both classic and obscure. I wouldn't know where to begin. :lol: But in general, I listen to a lot of psychedelic rock, progressive rock and space rock, and a lot of folk and jazz. I'm not found much, if ever, listening to current pop and R&B music, rap, punk, or dance pop. Many other unmentioned genres (ex. heavy metal, electronica, etc.) fall somewhere in between, listened to and enjoyed, but not as frequently.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I try to listen to most music. I love Lady GaGa right now. She is weird but cool. I also love country music. I love Carrie Undrwood, Taylor Swift and The Flatts.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I'vea been listening to a lot of Phish recently, the more you know! It's like that listen to everything feeling of when I got into Pink Floyd all them years ago. Funteims.

Stuff like The Polyphonic Spree, Queen, Beatles, Hendrix, KT Tunstall, Allman Brothers, St. Vincent, Neil Diamond, ELO, Brian Eno, Clapton, Elton John, Boards of Canada, The Who, Boston, Camel, Yes, and a little known band called Pink Flod.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Wow...not an easy question to answer...

The Beatles, The Who, Smashing Pumpkings, Pearl Jam, The Verve Pipe (a completely different band from The Verve,) Silversun Pickups, Faith No More, Mr. Bungle (and Mike Patton's various other side projects,) Duran Duran, A Flock Of Seagulls, Men At Work, Tool, Kiss, Dylan, Yes, Rush, Prince, The Verve, Catherine Wheel, Bush, Nirvana, Collective Soul, The Offspring, Green Day, Eels, Jeff Buckley, Connor Oberst, Radiohead, Soundgarden, Queen...
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

The bands I listen to most regularly in no particular order:

Pearl Jam, The Beatles (including their solo albums), The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Johnny Cash, Niel Young, Cat Stevens, The Killers, Band Of Horses, Fleet Foxes, Bruce Springsteen, Tool, The Clash, Tupac.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Van Der Graaf Generator.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Genesis
Camel
Van Der Graaf Generator
Caravan
Can
Gentle Giant
Allan Parsons Project
Mike Oldfield
Rick Wakeman
Tom Waits
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

in general i usually get down with some Mars Volta, Frank Zappa, Phish, Talking Heads/David Byrne, Can, Caravan, Funkadelic, Parliament, Golden, Extra Golden, HIM (american band), Grateful Dead, King Crimson, Primus, Les Claypool, Rush, Free Moral Agents, old Modest Mouse, Omar R. Lopez, Tortoise, Vato Negro, Zechs Marquise, Bygones, Galactic, Yonder Mountain String Band, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, David Grisman, Jerry Garcia Band, Bob Dylan, Animal Collective, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, David Bowie, De Facto, Grobschnitt, Kraan, Mushroom, Jimi Hendrix, Yes, Santana, and more

and when i do the dj/hip hop thang: Blackalicious, Cunninlynguists, MF Doom, Saul Williams, Wu Tang Clan, GZA, Raekwon, Mos Def, KRS One, Madvillian, Deltron 3030, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Dr. Octagon, Dalek, Sage Francis, Nas, Madlib, Common, Look Daggers, Kool Keith, The Gaslamp Killer, Heliocentrics, Pretty Lights, Flying Lotus, Binary Star, Dalek, A Tribe Called Quest, Aceyalone, Dj Shadow, Aesop Rock, The Roots, Outkast, Jay-Z, Notorius B.I.G., Tupac, Snoop Dogg, De La Soul, and more

as of lately i've been diggin the whole electronic/jam/trance thang: Sound Tribe Sector 9, Disco Biscuits, Lotus, and Signal Path have been in the steady rotation.
Last edited by cymbaline212 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Pretty much anything I can lay my hands on from 60's and 70's UK and the Kosmische Musik end of Krautrock, and a few U.S. bands too. Too many to list really.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I go through phases, but some of my very favourite artists that I keep returning to are:

Hawkwind, Tangerine Dream, Acid Mothers Temple, Miles Davis, The Spacious Mind, Yes, Mushroom, John Coltrane, Porcupine Tree, Sun Ra, Ozric Tentacles, Harmonium, Ash Ra Tempel, Flying Saucer Attack, Alice Coltrane, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, Steve Hillage, Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

Wow. I listen to a lot of stuff with Pink Floyd being my number one, of course.
Mostly classic rock, metal, prog; some old country, folk and bluegrass. I love Oldies! :D 50's and 60's stuff! Motown!
I grew up in the 80's, so anything from that era I love: rock, pop, hair metal, new wave, disco/club.
The only things i really don't get into are punk, gangsta rap, and reggae.

in no order:

Traffic, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Alan Parsons Project, AC/DC, Billy Joel, Van Morrison, Joe Satriani, Blind Faith, Cream, Chuck Berry, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Dire Straits, Steely Dan, The Eagles, Elton John, Peter, Paul and Mary, The Mamas and the Papas, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Faces, Fleetwood Mac, Hall and Oates, James Gang, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Lamb Of God, Gojira, Tool, Ozzy, Pantera, Type O Negative, Korn, Michael Jackson, Leo Kottke, Ben Sollee, Lords of Acid, Portishead, Beatles, The Who, Alice in Chains, Clutch, Kyuss, Ween

I could go on but I'd be here all night :)
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Mostly trance lately, with a sprinkling of classical and some rock every now and then. The new Muse album is good.