Who used drugs in Pink Floyd?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
relics

now i know why!

Post by relics »

nick didnt play on 2 suns becuz he couldnt hack it. That song is prob the hardest pink floyd drum song ever. The timing goes crazy from 6 to 4. Put it on and try counting it goes 123 123 123 123 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4..

The drum parts on that song are very clever. Not up nicks alley.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Don't be silly. Nick is a great drummer and, as a drummer myself, I can even play that song as it is on the album. :D
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Re: now i know why!

Post by quicksilver »

relics wrote:nick didnt play on 2 suns becuz he couldnt hack it. That song is prob the hardest pink floyd drum song ever. The timing goes crazy from 6 to 4. Put it on and try counting it goes 123 123 123 123 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4..

The drum parts on that song are very clever. Not up nicks alley.
Nick is more than skilled enough to play those parts; he just didn't show up to the sessions.
rumstick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rumstick »

dealing with nick dont playin´´....it easy they both were in a bad way towards each other...and that defines it....then they could make up anything..or what ever.....

dealing with the drugs thing....that the guy said(the one of the blowjobs..)
its true...is the same things as the cute girl the popular ne critizin´ on the ones that use drugs.....ps trying to make a good name out of themelves....for not using drugs since is the only good thing (thanks to society)that they can get out of not using....
well im not a drugs entusiast(im especially againtshard drugs)but what the hell if someone somes a joint and create some music under their influence.? weed it 100 natural...so its meant to be there for us...
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I know this is an old post. But I wanted to add a thing or two about Wrights drug use. His own words about taking acid:

Q-What are your views on acid now?

A-Syd was very influenced by a lot of people around him, who encouraged him to take trips. There are a load of acid casualties out there. He wasn't alone. Back then, we had people like Timothy Leary openly advocating it: trip our and take it every day. Wrong ? Yes. Misguided ? Yes. It was wrong for me. I took two trips in my life. The first was quite enjoyable and that was before I was in the band. Then I took one more and I didn't enjoy it at all, so I never took it again. It certainly destroyed Syd and I think it has destroyed a lot of other people.

Q-But Floyd's music has often been described as "drug-inspired". Do you think that suggestion is wrong?

A-If you mean Pink Floyd took drugs - you're wrong. There is no way that I could play music and take any kind of drug at the same time.

Notice at the 'same time'? HEHE So he did acid twice. Weed: Countless I'm sure :). You can find this interview at an OLD site that is suprising still on the net. http://www.emirecords.co.uk/rickwright/
Its pretty interesting if you haven't been there. Its a promo site about his last album Broken China. I hope this helps out... just a few months late.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Re: now i know why!

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

quicksilver wrote:Nick is more than skilled enough to play those parts; he just didn't show up to the sessions.
I seriously doubt Nick Mason could have nailed 'Two Suns' the way Andy Newmark did. I sometimes wonder just how much Nick actually played on The Final Cut...
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Q-What are your views on acid now?

A-Syd was very influenced by a lot of people around him, who encouraged him to take trips. There are a load of acid casualties out there. He wasn't alone. Back then, we had people like Timothy Leary openly advocating it: trip our and take it every day. Wrong ? Yes. Misguided ? Yes. It was wrong for me. I took two trips in my life. The first was quite enjoyable and that was before I was in the band. Then I took one more and I didn't enjoy it at all, so I never took it again. It certainly destroyed Syd and I think it has destroyed a lot of other people.
hmm, i seem to remember reading roger say that, not rick
Q-But Floyd's music has often been described as "drug-inspired". Do you think that suggestion is wrong?

A-If you mean Pink Floyd took drugs - you're wrong. There is no way that I could play music and take any kind of drug at the same time.
and i seem to remember david saying that one[/quote]
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Either Rich and Roger did the acid at the same time, or Rich is soooo messed up he thought he said that once and so he repeated it :) who knows...